Mibramig Magical Tarot

Miss Divine

This is definately NOT on my wish list.

Hahaha... I can't help but feel the same. Something about it just completely turns me off. Glad others are liking it atleast! :)

Tibor

Hahaha... I can't help but feel the same. Something about it just completely turns me off. Glad others are liking it atleast! :)

Yes I feel the same way. I think it is the fact that the animals want to look like they are dogs, birds, monkeys etc but the artist has done something to distort them or make them look grotesque and rather disturbing. These are the kind of animals you would see in a horror movie such as The Hills Have Eyes (if animals also featured in the movie) . Apart from that I could totally read with this deck (of course since it is a RWS clone).

While I LOVE and ADORE the Tarot of the Magical Forest (because it is warm but also serious and the animals look not only cute but also more real to me) I just can not warm up to these Mibramig creatures. I am sorry :(

cosita

The more scans I see, the more I think I might not be getting this deck. I find my reaction a little weird because I'm big on animals (my working deck is Magical Forest) and I like bizarre stuff (Zombie Tarot is really calling my name right now). I was really expecting to like this, but maybe now isn't the time.

Oh, and Tibor, no need to be sorry! Liking decks is a subjective thing... plus I think we're in the same boat what with our love for the Magical Forest deck! ;)

DownwardSpiral

I saw this deck last December as a pre-order and it was just so whacky/wierd lol I went ahead and ordered it. My deck just arrived yesterday and I haven't opened it yet but I love the scans Le Fanu posted : )

And since I don't read tarot cards....haha forget the fact I have several decks....I'm hoping I can read these intuitively. LOL maybe pair them with another whacky deck....what a story they could tell. I also have several oracle decks so maybe there's a good pairing there. H'mm oracle of Shadows and Light comes to mind : ) Another would be the Dream Oracle.

I need to find/think of a simple spread. This could be fun: )

Quester

Got mine today and I find it absolutely adorable!! I have no problem with the characters being a wee bit different. They seem more readable to me for that very reason. That's just me though. I really like this deck!!

LadyDeborah

I got mine today. Like many others here, I have a lot of decks, so I admit many are purchased just for the sake of collecting and artwork. I found it weird at first when I saw photos. Then I went back and preordered it anyway. When I opened it, I thought it was interesting but not until I had time and picked it up tonight did I make a decision. I find it to be just as described..."Magical." I love cards that have a surprise in them every time you pick them up. Whether you decide you like this deck or not, I think it's certain this artist is quite talented. I think it's a fun deck with way more to it than meets the eye.

rwcarter

This arrived last night, but I didn't get a chance to look at it until today. I really like it! Yes, the creatures are strange, but the images are fun, and, dare I say, magical. It's a straight Rider Waite clone, which isn't necessarily a good thing. But the strange animals add something to the images such that I don't even mind the tired old saws of three swords piercing a heart, eight wands flying through the air, ten swords piercing the character's back, etc. And there's a Happy Squirrel card! :D

Rodney

Metafizzypop

I was surprised to see that there's nudity in this deck. Actual human-looking nudity. There's a pair of boobs on the World, and there's a group of little tushies on Judgement. It seems so...wrong. But maybe it's just me.