The David Bowie Tarot by David Bowie

Mycroft

Okay, and Bowie's acting isn't much, but he was good in that Roeg film. No?
Yes, I'm being a little hard on him, it's mainly 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence' that I still find difficult to watch.

I'm also seriously tempted to e-mail his management and tell them his work is being compared to that of a termite! Probably just get a "David is extremely busy and cannot respond to personal e-mails" reply though.

nisaba

<grin> To give him his due, he did a lovely cameo role as himself in the "Bowie's in Space" episode of Flight of the Conchords. He was great as himself. I had no idea he'd be able to play himself - I would have thought that Bowie took himself *far* too seriously to ever be the doped-out drug-freak weirdo ex-rock-star that they wanted him to be. :)

upawell

Yes, I'm being a little hard on him, it's mainly 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence' that I still find difficult to watch.

I'm also seriously tempted to e-mail his management and tell them his work is being compared to that of a termite! Probably just get a "David is extremely busy and cannot respond to personal e-mails" reply though.

On the upside, termites are industrious.

If you refrained from using exclamation points, the letter would most definitely take on a serious, austere tone, thereby making it impossible for David's management from considering it personal.

upawell

<doubletake> You mean that WASN'T termite-vomit?

LOL!!! Hahahhaha!! I doff my painter's beret.

<grin> To give him his due, he did a lovely cameo role as himself in the "Bowie's in Space" episode of Flight of the Conchords. He was great as himself. I had no idea he'd be able to play himself - I would have thought that Bowie took himself *far* too seriously to ever be the doped-out drug-freak weirdo ex-rock-star that they wanted him to be. :)

*off to look up video on youtube*

nisaba

*off to look up video on youtube*

Sadly, you'll only find the song "Bowie's in Space", sung by Flight of the Conchords and not involving Bowie himself. The song is a small part of the episode. The Davemeister appears in a dream, giving one of the band some spiritual/musical advice in their sleep. Which they acted on. Disastrously.

The dream happens some time before the song gets sung.

upawell

Sadly, you'll only find the song "Bowie's in Space", sung by Flight of the Conchords and not involving Bowie himself. The song is a small part of the episode. The Davemeister appears in a dream, giving one of the band some spiritual/musical advice in their sleep. Which they acted on. Disastrously.

The dream happens some time before the song gets sung.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc4efBM_9JM

It sounds like Bowie, but I can't tell if it's actually him.

upawell

No, it's Jemaine. You're right, I can't find Bowie's cameo. Oh well.

But I do hope I have a "freaky dream" wherein Bowie comes to me and gives me advice on things other than painting.

nisaba

You can always buy the boxed set of CDs. Oh, and eBay doesn't deliver to your door any more - get them to send it to mine, and I'll look after it for you. :angel:

upawell

You can always buy the boxed set of CDs. Oh, and eBay doesn't deliver to your door any more - get them to send it to mine, and I'll look after it for you. :angel:

Nice try... ;)