Mary Greer Interview On Lenormand

DownUnderNZer

Good read - no mention of AT which I found rather interesting and especially when it came to learning "Traditional" methods as I am sure there is an association between her and Andy B. :D And it would have started here on AT back in the day plus he use to write things on here until he requested to be banned.

Another point that I found rather riveting that almost took me off of the couch -

"Traditionalists" are more accurate except when it comes to "predictive" readings in which "Intuitive"readers are more on to it.

Need to think that one over as that definitely is food for thought.....

It was a good read indeed.

DND :)

manandcards

Another point that I found rather riveting that almost took me off of the couch -

"Traditionalists" are more accurate except when it comes to "predictive" readings in which "Intuitive" readers are more on to it.

Need to think that one over as that definitely is food for thought.....

I can see where Mary says, ' Additionally, these “intuitive-only” readers often answered predictive questions (“Will I pass the exam?) with advice rather than a prediction, a teaching rather than a description.'

This goes along with the whole theme of the interview, which I'm seeing as 'stick to the cards in context it works better'.

I can't see anything that implies intuitive works better with lenormand in the interview.

You're right was a great read.

Re no mention of AT - AT is a wonderful place to study and has a lot of scholars in it. I find it invaluable.

FB does has an accessible format that is helpful if you're new and want a casual place to learn.

DownUnderNZer

I do actually agree with a lot of what she wrote. She has written what I dared not say with some of it. Unfortunately, I have not had the fortune to look at hundreds of others readings on different websites, but enough to know what sits or doesn't where I have had the opportunity.

Great write up indeed!

I am both "trad" and "modern", so I am trying to work out where I fit in.

DND :)

I can see where Mary says, ' Additionally, these “intuitive-only” readers often answered predictive questions (“Will I pass the exam?) with advice rather than a prediction, a teaching rather than a description.'

This goes along with the whole theme of the interview, which I'm seeing as 'stick to the cards in context it works better'.

I can't see anything that implies intuitive works better with lenormand in the interview.

You're right was a great read.

Re no mention of AT - AT is a wonderful place to study and has a lot of scholars in it. I find it invaluable.

FB does has an accessible format that is helpful if you're new and want a casual place to learn.

lamyamah

considering going to the course

Barleywine

As far as the accuracy of predictions, this is the quote that sets it all in perspective for me:

"I’ve followed hundreds of personal readings in on-line study groups and found that the majority of interpretations reported as accurate were by traditional readers. Whereas those who confessed they were just saying what they “felt” were rarely spot on."

The thing she said about intuition that I can agree with is that it is valuable in the sense of "pattern recognition" when trying to meld the meanings of individual cards into a seamless story. It facilitates "filling the gaps" and making the "intuitive leap" that pulls everything together. I see it as an adjunct to traditional literal interpretation that clothes the bare bones of the reading, but not a replacement for it. Its greatest value lies in crafting combinations that are more than the sum of their parts, rather than as a way to elaborate on individual cards.

In her companion book to the Burning Serpent Oracle. Rachel Pollack covers much the same ground, honoring the tradition but also recognizing that it's reasonable to breathe some new life into it through focused intuitive associations.

EmpyreanKnight

This just strengthened my conviction to pursue a traditional path when I delve deep into the Lenormand system. Thanks for this.