La Corte dei Tarocchi

Riversea

This one has been on my wish list for a very long time! Well, one of these days.

Charming, isn't it? :)

Kissa

I'm expecting it anytime now. Maybe today? Will try to review it well at least shortly asap. Just to provide a redneck's opinion counterpart to Filipas's sophisticated and cultivated review ;)

Kissa

Kissa

Is it a Marseilles????

This deck is gorgeous. It is so thick, I'd say 5cm thick!!!

I wonder if this would be considered a Marseilles deck though I have some doubts as the minors carry some scenic illustrations...

Any opinion?

Kissa

Moonbow

I think this deck is very beautiful Kissa, and I've been waiting for you to get yours.

I'm interested to know what you think of the pips, the ones on Mark's site don't show any scenery, so just how much scenery is there? Have you read with the cards yet?

Tell me more :)

Kissa

Moonbow* said:
Have you read with the cards yet?

Tell me more :)

your wish is my command
;)

there I go, off to read FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME with this gorgeous deck. Will keep you posted, of course :)

Kissa

Paul

I've got this deck, as well.

Very "old world" with slight hints of a Greek Orthodox church aesthetic (well, that's what I see). The deck has a delicious feel to it, like a good Cabernet with a peppery tone.

The cards are narrower than usual, but pleasantly the figures do not look like they're smooshed into the space. The pips have mostly non-scenic illustrations -- just a slight graphic added here or there.

The thickness of the cards prohibit poker-style shuffling (if you swing that way). You'll have to place them on the table and smooth them around the tableau, but such sensuous, tactile tarot shuffling really floats my boat, rocks my world, etc. (I'll stop there.)
I have a scanner. Let me know what you'd like to see (not the whole deck please ;)).

Moonbow

Oooh lovely!

How about some pips and a court or two?

Do you read with it much, or would you say it was more a collectors deck?

Paul

Went a little beyond your request...a full sampler platter...

Here's the scans:
- The Courts (1 rank chosen from the 4 suits)
- The Aces (4, from each suit)
- The Pips (a sample of 1 from each suit)
- 2 Majors (Justice & The Wheel, which is my absolute favorite of this deck!)

OOPS - I maxed-out the number of files for this post, will post another reply. Keep in mind that the scanner lighting tends to make the cards more yellow than they actually are, in truth. The card tone has much more of a sandy beige, than yellow.

I have read with them, yes. I reserve this deck for private readings or dear friends. Never read with it a Renaissance Faires and such, although it would have fit the ambience nicely.

It seems mostly a collector's deck. Enjoy the scans!

Attachments

• Corte Fante & Cavallo.jpg
    Corte Fante & Cavallo.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 349
  • Corte Re & Regina.jpg
    Corte Re & Regina.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Corte Asso Wand & Cup.jpg
    Corte Asso Wand & Cup.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 305
  • Corte Asso Sword & Coin.jpg
    Corte Asso Sword & Coin.jpg