A reading between the cards question

.traveller.

I'm not sure how to express this, so please bear with me as I muddle through. You know how some cards are linked through numerology, such as the Lovers and the Devil, to use a well known example? If one is using a spread that shows two peoples POV, and the linked cards appear in the same position for each, is there an interpretation or emphasis outside of the normal "card in context" interpretations? For example: you have a "feelings" position, one for each person, and linked trumps appear like Lovers/Devil, or Emperor/Death, etc. Is there added significance because of the linked cards? How would/should it affect the reading? Or does it? To me it seems significant but I am not sure why.

coeur

I think if someone was feeling The Lovers, and the other person was feeling The Devil; it would mean that they appear to have the same feelings, but there are differences on a more basic level. It might suggest The Devil is much more advanced than The Lovers because The Devil is manifestation on the physical plane, whereas The Lovers is much more abstract and spiritual. Similarly, The Emperor suggests willing change, whereas Death suggests unwilling change. There is a difference in attitude, but on the surface there is a lot in common.

Just my two cents, though I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

.traveller.

I've been getting pairs quite often, some show up more than others, and they are consistent in showing up in mirrored positions. I think I am unclear on the substance of the pairings, therefore it is difficult to put them into context.

.traveller.

Hmm, apparently this was an amazingly ignorant question. Oh well, I shall soldier on because I think it is interesting.

I was contemplating the pairs and I feel they are representing dynamic tension. They are strongly attracted and repelled simultaneously. I remember a gyroscope thingy that belonged to my sister, it was shaped like a glass light bulb and had a propeller inside with four blades. Each blade had a black side and a white side, when the gyro was exposed to light, the blades began to turn. That leaves me to wonder if in order for this "relationship" to work, a third element must be introduced. This might even be the case when these paired cards show up as characteristics in an individual... something exterior must be applied in order to harvest the qualities represented by the cards.