Decks you want to create

InionAradia

Basically... well, just a list of your ideas for decks that you haven't yet managed to create.
1. I'm already working on an Elemental-based deck.
2. I really want to sort of run with a Numerology based deck. The four Master Numbers, plus the 9 numbers, plus maybe an "overall" card for each deck? Hmm...
3. I've started correspondence tables for a deck that would (hopefully) incorporate most of my main interests: Tarot (obviously), Elements, colours, Numerology, Astrology and the Chakras.
4. Also, a Chakra-based deck, still with 14 cards per suit, but 2 for each Chakra, maybe male/female significance, or something. That's pretty vague right now, though.
5. I'm thinking of eventually working on a deck with 16 cards per suit, 4 cards per element, and each suit would have an "overall" element so it'd be about how the "lesser" element interacted with the "greater" element.
6. A past-life based deck. This is completely vague, however.
7. A healing based deck- either each suit would involve a different kind of healing, or I'd base it on spiritual, physical, emotional and psychological health, OR, I'd involve those four things plus Reiki, Herbalism and material health (aka financials, home, social, etc.)
8. I might also do an entirely Herbal-based deck, but that's way into the future, right now.

InionAradia

Oh! And 9. A deck based on quotes I like. There'd be a different quote for each card. The back of the card would have different colours per suit, the cards would just be numbered with colours and there'd be a quote in the artwork of the card.

HudsonGray

1. Still working on that cat tarot deck
2. A woodland type tarot deck, with detailed pictures.

tarotbear

1) Still working on colorizing my B/W men's deck. It was a lot easier and faster to draw the B/W deck than to go back and color it in - BELIEVE me!

2) After tackling two 78-card decks - I probably would not want to do another full-sized deck and would look into a Majors+Four or something like that.

Creating a deck - even if it's a clone - is a lot of work and an investment of time.

imarya

To play around with what the computer can do:
A collaged round botanical deck featuring flowers from the 15th-17th centuries
A collaged round botanical deck featuring herbs from the 15th-17th centuries
A collaged round animal deck featuring monkeys, parrots, lions and maybe fish from 15th-17th centuries

For the purpose of increasing my knowledge of Tarot:
A cleaned-up, colored Vacchetta
A distressed deck, like the distressed books

Zedrex

working on one that integrates existentialist and postmodern philosophy

blue_fusion

Creating a deck - even if it's a clone - is a lot of work and an investment of time.

This is so true. Even majors-only ones can be draining to one's creativity.

Like HudsonGray, I'd like to be able to do a cat deck in the far future.

Also:

a. finish all the projects I've set aside in the past (including the Masque, which is over 10 years old!)
b. two round decks, plus maybe some other handmade ones.

jazbee08

I want to make a Sandman tarot that really uses all the characters in the sandman comics by neil gaiman but also still has most of the symbolism of RWS.
I think it would take a long time with a lot of copyright issues but it would be fun to delve deeper into the comic to really try and get all the meaning.
Also definitely good practice to learn tarot even more in depth.
J

Hooked on TdM

If I had the capability (I draw stick figures lol) I would create a deck where the card is reversible. The images would flow into each other. Kinda like an optical illusion. Top half would be sun based colours and imagery, bottom the moon. So the reversals would actually be a night/ day or sun/moon or fall winter/spring summer influence. The images would be complete but look different depending on which way it lands. (Think of those pictures made of dots or bubbles where it looks like something one way and something different turned the other way.)

So for example the high priestess is seated. Both ways would be the complete picture but upright would be the sunny version, reversed the moon. The card would not be chopped in half.

Of course my drawing skills are lacking so I'm not sure that's doable. Lol

tarotbear

I 'sort of' did this on the Aces when I started colorizing my B/W deck: upright the skies are blues and pinks, but when the Aces are reversed the skies are all grays and dull. Of course, it was easy to do on the Aces since the suit symbol floats in the air.

Attachments

• Cups 001G.jpg
    Cups 001G.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Swords 001G.jpg
    Swords 001G.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139