Advice on which Thot deck to get.

lili

I would like to buy a Thot deck, I heard there are different decks. Any suggestion about which deck would be better to get.

sweet_intuition

Swiss edition by AGM Mueller... That's the one I have, and the cards shine in their colorful brilliance... plus I got 3 magus' cards.

Dean

Hi Lili

Yes there are alot of these Thoth editions for everyone looking for a certain colour cast too them or varied sizes. I started with a deck given to me by a lady who done Tarot readings for me, it was one of the old Llewellyn vintage 1969 editions with a plain blue front border, but very poor quality print which is out of print now but you can still find them on ebay.

Then i came across the 1978-83 editions as we call here the greenie because of the green cast on the front borders, this is my favourite because it has a red and black Unicursal Hexagram card that only came in this edition, plus like the old vintage decks it doesn't have that white thin border on the back of the cards.

I have the newer editions by AGM and USG that come in three sizes a small pocket size, standard and large size. All these have a white thin border on the backs which some people dont like and a multi-coloured Unicursal Hexagram, in some of these editions there are three extra Magus cards.

ZenMusic

Swiss edition by AGM Mueller...

get a large one if you want to study the details....

lili

ZenMusic said:
Swiss edition by AGM Mueller...

get a large one if you want to study the details....

:lightbulb:Good point, I didn't think about the details which in a larger deck would be easier to see. I was leaning more toward an smaller size deck but now I have to reconsider it.

rachelcat

And when you trim the borders off, the cards will be about the same size as the medium deck!!