Tree of Life - Geburah/Pahad

jmd

You're correct, AmounrA - I was only referring to what I couldn't see!

The quote by Regardie is one of those which is both brilliant and succinct, yet is virtually self-explanatory for those who have worked with the system, and so dense for those who haven't.

With regards to your quote from Dune ('It is by will alone I set my mind in motion......'), this is so reminiscent also of much of Steiner's work. Out of interest, do you remember which Dune the quote comes from? It has been over fifteen years since I have read them.

Laurel

The concepts behind Geburah began to make a lot more sense to me once I had some elementary alchemy beneath my belt. The phrase "Fire burns but also cleanses" often comes into my mind regarding Geburah. The title of Pachad has often fascinated me and I think opens some very important doors to understanding this Sephiroth.

Laurel

lupo138

ah - whenever fire comes into pla, this is my thing ! I agree with you, Laurel. It is the same way one can apply the wand to fire - it reminds us of the danger within it . Some fire is cleansing, too much fire is destruction. So the same applies to Geburah.