My new Lennie love?? Chaining!

shadowdancer

I haven't been able to find it, but someone somewhere asked about what method to use for book storylines.

I have used GT's and they are okay. There is a 'but' though. They felt stilted, a little formulaic and they were not the fun I hoped they would be. Lots of info but it felt a bit too much.
Tried smaller 3 x 3 spreads and didn't really feel they cut the mustard either.

Last book I read, I just chained. Found Man house position on my GT mat and shuffled the deck. First card out was the opener for 10 so to speak. That card then took me to its relevant house position where the next card from the deck was laid. That too was read as a pair, before finding the next house link in the 'chain'

I have to say - it was a blast and hit the mark. Bonus was how it flowed, it was fun, it didn't feel as though I was following a set programme at all.

What was also interesting, and proved to be a worthwhile exercise, was seeing the unused cards. (total of 9)

I just flipped them over and it ran through my head instantly that each card showed aspects that were NOT part of the book or relevant. And again, they were spot on.

Just wanted to share. I haven't really seen many use chaining as a main reading method but I think it will be a player in my readings. Once the man card was flipped over it took me back to that house position and completed my chain.

Not taking credit for this system - got to thank others, particularly Rana George for inspiring me to use it. She does detail its system in her book. I have the reading written in a journal, and later today I will (time permitting) type it in the reading section here at AT.

baylys

looks interesting. I will have a look when I come to that section in Rana's book.

shadowdancer

You will love the book :) And as for the technique, I think it will be one I enjoy turning to. I have now typed up the reading on Lenormand readings / journals section.

Davina

danieljuk

just read up on this really useful! I am so inexperienced at the GT and struggle with it, will have to add this method. It's in Rana George's book as "chain of houses".

How many cards in the chain did you have to go down before you got back to the original? I just worry it would take ages but it seems a good idea!

Hope you post the reading Shadowdancer, would love to see the example :) :thumbsup:

Lee

Out of curiosity, does anyone know, did Rana George invent this technique, or did she learn it from someone else?

Village Witch

...How many cards in the chain did you have to go down before you got back to the original? I just worry it would take ages but it seems a good idea!...

I love chaining the cards in a GT. Sometimes it goes very quickly and at other times it seem you have to chain all 36 cards. :-D

If I read the GT and see the Snake threatening me, I use chaining to reveal who or what the Snake represents if it is not clear in the GT. I use chaining mostly for the people cards. In my experience, chaining reveals motives and/or the real issues behind the scenes.

With chaining, I do not pay attention to what house the individual cards land on. I read the chain as a story line. The messages are often very revealing and concise.

I rather didn't care for the GT when I first encountered it, but find myself throwing a GT when searching for more in depth information that a shorter spread can give. I generally throw a GT for particular subject instead of a general overview. I always use chaining in such cases.