My worn-out deck for cartomancy...

Marirowana

I just found this deck, and my heart skipped a beat... Oh my, so pretty!

I know a few of you like those old well-used decks, so I thought I should share some pics with you. I don't think the deck is very rare, some searching on 'Congress Playing Cards' gave quiet a few decks like this (but I didn't see this one with the birds, though). It's a french deck.

I will be using it for cartomancy, new terrain for me.

That feel... that smell, like a vintage book store... that sound when you shuffle... :surprise::heart:
Look at the backs!

attachment.php

Ps. I spent 10 minutes to figure out where to post this thread, I'm still not sure.
Pps. Should have posted in the Oracle section probably

Attachments

• Cards and backs.jpg
    Cards and backs.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Those edges....jpg
    Those edges....jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Name.jpg
    Name.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 431

Lunajade

Thanks for sharing Marirowana. The backs look really lovely. If you are interested in divination with playing cards you may want to check out some threads in the oracle section about cartomancy. Popular methods are Regina Russels, Kapherus (see scribd ''a playing cards reader's notebook'')and Hedgewytchery.

moonbear

What wonderful old cards :love: I can almost smell them!

I remember cards from my childhood were sort of cloth (linen?) coated in something so that all our cards eventually became worn with a lot of character. Which is why I was so disappointed when I bought my first modern tarot from US Games and it was plastic :(

Thanks for sharing Marirowana. Best of luck in your cartomancy journey :)

moonbearXXX
ps I have a few old decks in my basket on ebay but never actually got around to buying any. I really should.