I just bought the Gilded Reverie Lenormand' by Ciro Marchetti

MagsStardustBlack

Oh felt I needed a boost, haven't bought a deck in oh 2 years.

Does anyone have this? What like?

Iv never used a lenormand before, wanted something new and exciting hope this will be ♡

♡mags

Cocobird55

It's a beautiful deck.

MagsStardustBlack

Oooo sorry, posted in the wrong bit, I know so little about lenormand I didn't realise there was a sub forum. Thanks admin ♡ im really excited for this to arrive, been looking at images online, looks beautiful :)

Barleywine

Oooo sorry, posted in the wrong bit, I know so little about lenormand I didn't realise there was a sub forum. Thanks admin ♡ im really excited for this to arrive, been looking at images online, looks beautiful :)

You won't be disappointed (especially when you get to the point of reading the Grand Tableau; it's truly breathtaking when you see all 36 cards laid out at once). Just leave all your preconceptions about what tarot is at the door, since Lenormand is a much more pragmatic tool, being read - for the most part, anyway - more analytically than intuitively. You'll also have a good time hunting down all the websites that illuminate the Lenormand system; there are some excellent ones, so build yourself a notebook.

HeatherRose

I too just bought this deck!!
This is the first I've ever seen or touched a Lenormand deck.
I have to say, it's a little intimidating...I know NOTHING about this!
It feels like when I first got a tarot deck and felt like it didn't click for me at all and I was never going to "get it".
I'm hoping that with time and practice, it will start coming together for me just like the tarot did.
I LOVE this deck. I feel it goes very nicely with my Gilded Tarot....the imagery is so rich and beautiful...hard to take my eyes off of the pictures.
And I find it interesting that you will find the initials of Ciro (C.M) in every single card!! :)

MagsStardustBlack

I feel very daunted by lenormand, I just have no clue where to start? But I love the artwork so thats a good start I guess ♡

Barleywine

I feel very daunted by lenormand, I just have no clue where to start? But I love the artwork so thats a good start I guess ♡

If you look at your LWB you should find Ciro's website address where for $1.50 you can buy a full-color PDF download with lots of stuff to help you get started. You could also build a notebook with print-outs from the several Lenormand blog pages. And then there is Rana George's book, which I just finished and found to be one of the best books of its type I've read in a long time. It's very thorough but not the least bit intimidating.

kell

I agree Rana's book is a wonderful introduction to Lenormand. Highly recommended!

I'm still kind of new to Lennie, also. One thing that really helps me is to pull 2 or 3 daily cards, and write them down in a journal. It's interesting to note patterns, and which cards will show up for particular meanings. After a little while, you'll have your own list of card combos.

Good luck on your journey!

MagsStardustBlack

Ok thankyou guys...

Il get a little notebook and il also check out Ranas book. Oh il have a look at Ciros site and find the info for Lenormand. Thats should give me a good starting point. Im really interested to see how the cards relate to daily life situations, I imagine it must be totally different to tarot, guess thats why its daunting, its unfamiliar. But im looking forward to finding out how the system works :)

HeatherRose

I too am feeling a bit..."lost" when it comes to the Lenormand. But looking on AT and other places online, I have decided that my first step is to put together a notebook and go through each card individually. Writing down key words and meanings to associate with each card. (This is how I learned with the Tarot). I leave a few lines under each so that as time goes by I can add more to it. My tarot notebook has been around so long that it's falling apart at the seams and some pages are worn or faded a bit, but it's still my go-to now and then.
After I get familiar with each card on it's own, I plan to start pulling two cards and practicing with two cards and how they can read/relay messages.
Once I feel comfortable with that I'll move forward however I feel comfortable or pulled toward.
Just my little bit of my plan to learn the Lennies. :)