Lenormand & Tarot

Lil Red

Hello everyone,

So I've been obsessed with Lenormand since this year started and had been using my tarot less and less. I still consider myself a novice since I'm still trying to grasp the lenormand combination.

Noun + Adjective who would had thought it will be this difficult to understand. :confused:

But when I take out my tarot I noticed a pattern. I keep using my star, tower, moon, and star card as the lenormand meanings instead of my tarot meanings. I find that pretty interesting as well trying to combine each card.

Had anyone done that before?

I feel that I'm confusing each system. :laugh:

Village Witch

The only card I sometimes read the same in Tarot and Lenormand is the Moon card. I often find myself reading the Moon in Lenormand as revealing/uncovering/illuminating what is hidden.

I often struggle with Lenormand combinations. It seems every combination I come up with in a reading is not one in Rana George's book. Hahaha...

When the cards are not making sense to me, I often rely on Great Dane's method of Who/What + How/Why = Summary.

I don't read Tarot much anymore that Lenormand has caught my fancy.

silvereye

Same here. I find I am starting to apply the Lenormand mind set when interpreting Tarot and I start to interpret the cards such that each card modifies the meaning of the card immediately in a linear fashion. I need to try very hard NOT to do that and just interpret according to the spread's position

DownUnderNZer

I dont confuse either, but then I knew the Lenormand before Tarot.

What I do find interesting is how newbies that know the Tarot do the Lenormand with a Tarot flair. :)

Lil Red

@Village Witch

Oh, I need to try Great Dane's method cause Noun + Adjective makes my head go round and round. While Who/What + How/Why seems more understandable.

I agree with you fully. I had not used much of my tarot since lenormand had caught my eye. I think this is the reason why I want to collect as much lenormand cards as I can :joke:

@silvereye

I agree. I sometimes ignore the spread to do combinations with tarot and it sure is interesting on the reading I get. It makes me want to experiment more with my tarot cards with the lenormand lesson I get when I read my Rana George book.

@DownUnderNZer

I wished I had done that, but since I started my journey with the lenormand I kept reading how lenormand was not like tarot and the meaning were completely different. So that idea went to the gutters.

I still find it pretty funny cause I still do not understand the Moon card in the tarot nor do I understand it in the lenormand. The irony :joke:

Village Witch

For me, Tarot reveals my inner self. It lays me bare and often times forces me to see the ugly truth. Lenormand tells me what is going on around me, the unseen forces that shape and share my world. I may get slapped for this, but I see Lenormand as what my first deck was labeled as, Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards.

Teheuti

I don't read Lenormand and Tarot at all alike. But then I came to Lenormand specificially because I wanted to read totally differently than I do with Tarot. I do find, however, that I understand 19th century Tarot much better - especially the Golden Dawn "Opening of the Key" method which is more related to traditional Lenormand and cartomancy than it is to most forms of modern Tarot.