MerryDay Tarot - Cups Suit Story Thread

thorhammer

This has taken me a great deal longer than the Pentacles suit story did, because I am having trouble figuring the Court cards into the other suit stories. I have struggled in turn with all three remaining suits, but in the end, decided I could come up with something meaningful without the Courts for the Cups suit.

It's entirely different from my Pentacles story, but that doesn't worry me. There was a slow, long energy to the Pentacles, but the Cups are a bit more . . . well, fluid. :) Things happened a bit faster here . . .

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

thorhammer's Cups Suit Story

One

In the beginning, the Water Dragon moved in a man. The energy of the Water infused the man and he opened his eyes to the world. He had been living in a daze and now he saw what was around him. He had worked hard all his life because that was what was expected of him, and he had grown strong and beautiful, brave and confident.

Two

When the Dragon moved him, he saw his other half, the part of him that was missing, and they joined their lives together as one. There was no one in the world but he, and she. Inevitably, though, the forces of the world shook them and a great unrest began to work through them and their families.

Three

In an attempt to restore the equilibrium, three witches sought the cause of the unrest. Their great power, though, showed nothing except the great distance between them and the source of the trouble. Meanwhile, the man felt the unsettling effects of the magic and the outside disruption keenly.

Four

Shutting out his lover, he went to the lonely places and delved in his heart for what was missing. There was a great hole in his being that must be filled, and though he had everything that he had ever wanted, he felt the pull of the outside strongly. In the end, he accepted that he must seek out the world, whatever was impacting on his family, and, having made this decision, he made his way back to the tribe’s home.

Five

But when he got there, his attachment to his wonderful life bolstered the untried coward in him and he prevaricated for many years. He rose to lead the tribe. He was respected. He was loved and prosperous. But deep in his heart, he dreaded the day that the unrest would move him again. As he knew it would, it began to weigh more and more heavily on his mind until he could not look around him without seeing the evidence of his own lack of courage.

Six

It took him a while, but eventually, he spoke to his lover, telling her all that had happened within him over the years and speaking his need to embark on the quest. She, of course, wished him all success, showered him with love, and sent him on his way. As he rode away, she wept for fear that he would not return, but also for joy that he was such a good man.

Seven

The man rode for many days aimlessly, waiting for guidance. His food ran out. His horse suffered and he ended up walking a long way until, ragged and hopeless, he came upon a bare hill that reached into the sunrise. Climbing it, he found a woman of fierce visage, who showed him many wonders. But he had to choose which to pursue. He asked the seer which was the right choice, but her answers were cryptic and he was starving and incoherent. He chose none, but walked down the hill, away from the bright morning, away from the tempting promises laid before him.

Eight

He had been on the hill for a long time. His horse, in his absence, had recovered but being a faithful friend, waited still. He knew that his quest lay in the balance right at this moment, and, leaping onto his friend’s back, he turned the horse to face the new day, the eclipse that would mean the end of all his previous life and the beginning of his new.

Nine

They chased the moon, they chased the sun, and finally, they chased the star . . . Which led them home. Standing quietly on the hill above his home, he gave thanks to Creation that he had not only come home safe, but that he had passed the tests of courage and discernment placed before him. The quest had mirrored his own heart’s journey.

Ten

He descended this second hill, and came into his home amidst celebration and delighted pandemonium. Peace had been restored to the tribe, and not only were they prosperous, but they were happy and wise of the blessings that abounded here in the valley beneath the star.

Mimers

thorhammer said:
This has taken me a great deal longer than the Pentacles suit story did, because I am having trouble figuring the Court cards into the other suit stories. I have struggled in turn with all three remaining suits, but in the end, decided I could come up with something meaningful without the Courts for the Cups suit.

It's entirely different from my Pentacles story, but that doesn't worry me. There was a slow, long energy to the Pentacles, but the Cups are a bit more . . . well, fluid. :) Things happened a bit faster here . . .

\m/ Kat

I had the same 'blocks' for my wands story and decided to not worry about getting all of the courts into the story. I also think that my story could have flowed better if I had slightly reordered the cards. Maybe when I do the cups story I will do this if I need to.

great story Kat!

thorhammer

Hmmm, in some stages I wanted to reorder the cards . . . I might just toss all the rules }) and do that as well!

Glad you like it, Mimers :)

\m/ Kat