Help with work

Moongold

I have been consulting the Faeries for personal readings - just three card spreads - and these have been quite lovely.

However, this is something different

The district where I work is currently running a competition for a new acronym for a service system we all establishing. You probably know what happens in human services. A lot of agencies do really good work but they don't always speak with each other as much as they should. Clients ususally have more than one particular need and they have to shop around, getting assessed repeatedly before they can get sometimes just a minimal service. We are setting up common intake and assessment processes for all us and needed a distinctive acronym for the new arrangement.

Well, I was stumped for ideas.

?????.......... Faeries .........Mikle a Muckle, Geeeeeooo the Slooow and Ilbe the Retiever came to the rescue. The acuity of their appearance left me breathless. Mikle is about seeing things afresh, Geeeeeooooow is about the way things take time, and Ilbe is about finding lost things - finding a service .........so the acronym popped into my mind and I've entered it.

I know the people running the comp. quite well so I sent them the supporting documentation, including pictures of all three Faerie Consultants and the rationale for the suggestion. At my place of work we are looking forward to the response from the guys running the comp. Ilbe even looks a little like their CEO, a fact which could help our cause.

It is summer here and there is a lovely feeling in the air. Do you think the entry of the Faeries into one's life brings a certain lightness of spirit?

These Faeries seem to be spiritual counsellors, domestic consultants, creative geniuses and play therapists. Is this kind of professional consultancy a new role for them?

Love, laughter and peace,

Moongold

Jewel

Moongold said:
Do you think the entry of the Faeries into one's life brings a certain lightness of spirit?

These Faeries seem to be spiritual counsellors, domestic consultants, creative geniuses and play therapists. Is this kind of professional consultancy a new role for them?

Absolutly!!!!! you have summed it all up. I hope your faeries win the contest, but if they don't they won't care ... they just wanted to enter ;)

I have found that the faeries help me feel more lighearted about things. I notice that when I have not done a daily draw for a while (which recently happened) I fell sort of ... blue ... well yesterday I resumed my daily draws and I am as ahppy as a lark! (whatever that is supposed to mean *LOL*). I think that when you accept and let yourself feel the faeries you are also opening your heart to hope and playfulness. That is how it is for me anyway. Please keep us posted on the contest!

Moongold

Well, the result....

Our entry came second in the competition.

I picked up the deck to shuffle it before asking the Faeries what they thought of the result.

One card fell out before I could shuffle and I decided that this was the message. I turned the card over: Lys of the Shadows whom I hadn't really met before.

Lys is the healing Faery. She is particularly relevant to working with people who have addictions, who are homeless, who are the street people.

That is the work we do. That is the sole function of the agency I work for. I think the Faeries were saying that they know about the work and are involved in it already and that they have it in hand. I smiled and looked over at the table and saw Arval Parrot smiling back. A small flash of knowing that it is right for me to working again in this field. Knowing that the gifts, skills and experiences I bring can be of great value and that I must go ahead quietly, just as I am. I've wondered a little whether I made the right decision to come here, but confidence is returning amd I know that it was the right decision.

Seeing Arval and Lys together reminded me that it is a team effort, too. None of us is alone, and that the light heartedness and love that it is so strong in the agency is one of its most important attributes.

There was a thread somewhere else about the Faeries as a healers. They are so whimsical but sharp and, as a collective, quite loving I think.

I took the cards into work last week and found quite a few Faery lovers there. No-one had seen the cards but a couple had some of Froud's books. Of course there are many other Faeries writers. Arthur Rackham appeared and I haven't seen him for 20 years. We found ourselves for a short period of time in a wonderful world of magic and fantasy. But it was simply another kind of reality, wasn't it?

Moongold

Jewel

Moongold, reality is a state of mind ... so I agree with you that it was simply "another-kind" of reality ... your reality :)

The faeries are just simply amazing! I have been working a lot with them over the last week, and I cannot believe that after working with them for 9 9 months it is always like a new invogorating experience for me. Congrats on 2nd place!