Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Kipper discussion in general

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

Citizen

zhadee 
Citizen

[/FONT]
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Sad Oracle

danieljuk 
Sad Oracle

I saw on a historic decks website a few weeks ago that they had a copy of a historic deck which is quite famous in it's Kipper images ('the original' deck). But during the Nazi era they were burning any form of divination (I never even thought about that till now but it seems so sadly obvious that it would happen!) and nearly all Kipper decks were destroyed! this historic deck they were talking about still had a Deutsches Reich Tax Stamp on the box and very luckily survived!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

WolfyJames 
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

Of what I read somewhere Ms Kipper learned the Lenormand and tried using in Germany, but that was after Napoleon did his wars and messed up with Germany, and its territory, so the Germans were quite sensitive with anything "French" so she created her own oracle with german scenics and titles.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Lee 
Citizen

Moderator note:

A post has been removed for being off-topic.

Lee, Oracles Moderator
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Citizen

zhadee 
Citizen

[/FONT]
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Citizen

empress's dress 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhadee View Post
December is coming along - I think about doing a 3x3 Kipper monthly forecast for practise.
Anybody likes to join so we may exchange? Who'd be in? Individual threads?
may i join, zhadee? i am still very new at this but i would be very interested. i would be able to join for december for certain. other months may be less sure.

why not start a thread like the cartomancy study thread but for monthly kipper 3x3s exclusively? and then each kind of kipper exchange gets its own thread? or is this needlessly complicated?

the cartomancy study thread you have works very well! at least from the perspective of someone who has learned a lot from it .
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Citizen

zhadee 
Citizen

.[/FONT]
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Citizen

empress's dress 
Citizen

Quote:

aye love to have you on board! Will open it now...
fantastic! thank you for having me!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
pirate borealis

Laura Borealis 
pirate borealis

Quote:

from the german wikipedia. The original Kipper cards look like they were located in bavaria (the church towers). There is not much known about Susanne Kipper.

I have both editions, the original and the mystic one. Looking forward to any kind of exchange
Oh, I see one yes, in Card #9. From what I'm reading, onion domes were mostly used for Catholic churches in Bavaria (in Russia, of course, they'd be Russian Orthodox). I don't know if that can shed anything on the history, or if it's just what the original artist saw when she went to draw that card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljuk View Post
I saw on a historic decks website a few weeks ago that they had a copy of a historic deck which is quite famous in it's Kipper images ('the original' deck). But during the Nazi era they were burning any form of divination (I never even thought about that till now but it seems so sadly obvious that it would happen!) and nearly all Kipper decks were destroyed! this historic deck they were talking about still had a Deutsches Reich Tax Stamp on the box and very luckily survived!
I found that page, here. How lucky that some survived. The burning is disquieting, given the current political environment and the way history seems bent on repeating itself... *shudder*

I wish the new "original" decks had the more delicate drawings and colors of the antique one on that page. I love the images of the Mystical but I want to learn on the original. I read that reading these cards depends a lot on the direction a figure is facing, so I'm going to stick with tradition for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyJames View Post
Of what I read somewhere Ms Kipper learned the Lenormand and tried using in Germany, but that was after Napoleon did his wars and messed up with Germany, and its territory, so the Germans were quite sensitive with anything "French" so she created her own oracle with german scenics and titles.
That's intriguing! The Napoleonic Wars were several decades earlier... but I can see how sentiment would linger. Isn't the Lenormand system very popular in Germany now? They must have gotten past it, then.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Citizen

zhadee 
Citizen

done!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.