A look into the future

cirom

I decided earlier that I would'nt attempt any more decks.... but I was provided with access to some incredible reference material from ancient manuscripts that changed everything....I don't know if I'll ever actually finish this project but either way here is a sample of one of the first images.

Inspired by a girl I saw at a recent new age/wiccan art festival I attended, she was a dancer that peformed there and immediately I envisioned her (albeit with a different costume and hairstyle etc) as my Queen of Wands.

Attachments

• Queen-of-Wands.jpg
    Queen-of-Wands.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,162

ana luisa

Wow! That´s gorgeous... she is so alive I could almost tell she was wearing musk perfume! I don´t know if you´re into working on an entire deck (quite a tour de force) but that would be an excellent start!

Papageno

how wonderful.
there's life and intense intelligence/awareness in her face and eyes.
love the hair and the subtle use of gauzy black crepe.

what do you mean you're not sure if you'll finish the project? you tease

you just get back to work and stop foolin' around :laugh:

I can't wait.......maybe we'll have a treat waiting for us by this time next year? in time for the holidays? :)

Papageno

ana luisa said:
Wow! That´s gorgeous... she is so alive I could almost tell she was wearing musk perfume! I don´t know if you´re into working on an entire deck (quite a tour de force) but that would be an excellent start!

I'd pay good money for a set of Majors alone.

Miren

I love the way she's looking out at us! Very direct, very open. Breaking the 4th wall.

:) If you only make a few, you could at least put them up as wallpapers or somesuch! Or incorporate them into your other works. But I think she'd make an excellent QoW!

RaeBelle

Wow, she's a quite striking Queen of Wands. And the way she's looking right at me, it's quite different, but I like. If you decide to finish this one Ciro, I'll probably have to get it too!

Indigo Rose

cirom said:
I decided earlier that I would'nt attempt any more decks.... but I was provided with access to some incredible reference material from ancient manuscripts that changed everything....I don't know if I'll ever actually finish this project but either way here is a sample of one of the first images.

Inspired by a girl I saw at a recent new age/wiccan art festival I attended, she was a dancer that peformed there and immediately I envisioned her (albeit with a different costume and hairstyle etc) as my Queen of Wands.

She is beautiful! I was blessed to receive the Tarot of Dreams for Christmas. It is an awesome deck, Ciro. The symbolism is fantastic, and the CD is out of this world! My hubby just sat with me and watched me go through the majors on the computer; he loves your work too. If you do another deck, I know I will have to have it. :)

~Peace~
indigo rose

AngelC

It's beautiful, very much so and so alive. :)

I do like things around people though, just a face makes it harder to read for me.
You know... all those little details that catch your eye and make you think in different directions. Just a face gets me stuck on "what are you thinking today?".
The pages and a few other cards is the reason I've resisted the ToD so far :D
No matter how pretty, focus on a face and little other content makes it hard to read for me *blush* (feels bad about saying this).

Sheri

I missed out on the Gilded LE, but I made sure I got a ToD! It is amazing! You have so very much talent, Cirom! I am saddened to think you wouldn't do anymore decks!

This "preview" is absolutely jaw dropping! I really didn't think that you could best the ToD...but it appears that you can and are!

If/when this becomes a deck in whatever form (full/majors/oracle) I WILL have to have one!

valeria :)

cirom

Well thanks for the feedback which is certainly encouraging. When there are hundreds of decks produced each year it seems almost futile to spend so much time and effort into producing yet one more for an already saturated market. So personally there has to be a compelling reason to do so, and one of those reasons has to be that at least by your own criterea you can attempt to improve on what you did before, and in doing so also incorporate something that is new or different within the tarot context. The later is the most challenging, with so many variations of decks to choose from it seems every possible shape size and theme has been covered. But I believe the project I'm envisioning will be like no other deck. I don't mean that immodestly but literally ... If ever it gets finished I intend to produce it in such a way that each and every deck will be unique. Similar to the Limited Edition of the Gilded where certain cards were modified for each deck, on this occasion every card would be produced in multiple variations of colour, content and layout, then those cards would be randomly assorted and collated by hand, thus ensuring that no two decks would ever be alike.
But the real essence of this deck is my reference source for these images. There are so many varying theories on the history and origins of the tarot.... well my friends, I have been provided with material that sheds an extraordinary new light on things. Material that I simply could'nt resist working with. However for various reasons I can't go into details at this point. I can already hear the voices of doubt and cynism from the more academic members of the community which is to be expected.... fortunately I have physical evidence to back it up......;-)