Grand Tableau

mystic Guy

Hi guys

The person card? If it lands on the far right that means end of a chapter? ,if on far left start of chapter? is that how you see it , or not?
thanks.

angelika

Hello

I am new to Lenormand having been using tarot only up to this point but LOVE lenormand. I would say yes you are on the right track here. I have no idea if then this could be connected to the position names and areas in the 36 master reading system but I would have thought that would also help with interpretation. Might be barking up the wrong tree though!

mystic Guy

Hello

I am new to Lenormand having been using tarot only up to this point but LOVE lenormand. I would say yes you are on the right track here. I have no idea if then this could be connected to the position names and areas in the 36 master reading system but I would have thought that would also help with interpretation. Might be barking up the wrong tree though!

Thanks Angel.
8 )

andybc

Hello Mystic Guy.

The tableau is basically done exactly as the old continental playing methods: this can be didivded up in different ways. Some divide it right in the middle (first four columns past, others future).

When I do a tableau, 8x4+4, I divide it up as follows: cards to the left of the significator show the past, cards above and below now, to the right the future. The lower left is the more distant past, the upper left the more recent, the upper right near future, and the lower right the more distant future. I read from the distant past around to the distant future, clockwise.

For me, if the Gent or Lady is on the far right it means that what the person does now is quite far reaching. Also the higher up the card is, the more influence the individual has on events. On the far left, it's a green light: you go forward now.

When the Gent or Lady appear in the fate cards it is a hard call. This is "out of the tableau" and I read the four rows of eight then, as all now and near future (unless it's in the 36th position). The Gentleman or Lady in the fates means that something you do immediately (next two or four weeks) is terribly important.

However, you do not have to divide the tableau up at all. The four rows of eight can be all future. I divide the tableau up into rough chunks: first horizontal row of eight and the first two vertical columns as the first quarter, the second horizontal row of eight with the vertical and vertical columns three and four as the second, and so on. I do this with my three month tableaus, and when I do them at work for my clients and also divide it above.

You can do all the above with the 9 x 4, too. I don't, personally. However there is no reason why it cannot.

Teheuti

When I've turned up in the Fate Line (bottom 4 cards), I find that the reading is not really about me (everything is out of my control), but may be a situation I've been watching. In one case, I ended up in the 36th house in a general self-reading. As soon as I'd laid out the cards my ex-husband called, and after talking for an hour or more, I looked at the spread and all the cards were about the things he had been telling me. I had some concerns about his then, rocky relationship with our daughter and with his soon-to-be ex - all of which showed up clearly. None of it involved anything I could do anything about.

andybc

When I've turned up in the Fate Line (bottom 4 cards), I find that the reading is not really about me (everything is out of my control), but may be a situation I've been watching. In one case, I ended up in the 36th house in a general self-reading. As soon as I'd laid out the cards my ex-husband called, and after talking for an hour or more, I looked at the spread and all the cards were about the things he had been telling me. I had some concerns about his then, rocky relationship with our daughter and with his soon-to-be ex - all of which showed up clearly. None of it involved anything I could do anything about.

That's not uncommon, and why I say to my students it is out of the tableau. Cards influence those they are above, so your card below all the others is basic weighted down. If it's in position 36 that emphasises the weight, so I don't do near future just "now".

In that case I'd go straight to the Cross. Anything before it finishes, now. What is to its right is coming in and normally says why you're blocked.

mystic Guy

Hey thanks alot guy's, I didn't know there was more responders.

mystic Guy

And also guy's
I did a reading for myself (me in the Man card), and the Man card was in the middle with two cards over, two under, three to the left and four to the right of the man card.
Is there any meaning when you find yourself not to the far left of right of the spread , but in the middle, like I just did?
thank you.