The Art of Lenormand Reading by Alexandre Musruck

Le Fanu

Does anyone have this book? I have been wondering what it's like, whether it brings anything new to the Lenormand table.

Any pointers, details of content etc etc would be useful...

Le Fanu

Looks like he reviewed his own book.

Now, there's an unbiased review. ;)
ooops!:D There's his name on the reviewing profile but signed Anne of Rhode Island. Something fishy there... I guess that tells me all I need to know. In that amazon listing you can see the blurb on the back and there's a listing of prolific deck publications - so many Lenormand's he's published! - why haven't I heard of him? Something fishy there too...

Astraea

I have the book, and honestly Rana George continues to be my go-to resource. Not knocking Musruck, but I just find Rana to be more to my taste and in line with my view of the cards.

The Happy Squirrel

ooops!:D There's his name on the reviewing profile but signed Anne of Rhode Island. Something fishy there... I guess that tells me all I need to know. In that amazon listing you can see the blurb on the back and there's a listing of prolific deck publications - so many Lenormand's he's published! - why haven't I heard of him? Something fishy there too...

I think he was trying to share a review of his book submitted by someone else outside of Amazon by copying and pasting it on Amazon using his own Amazon account. I have seen Collette Baron Reed (spell?) replied to an Amazon reviewer in defense of her own deck using a different name, and addressing herself in the third person, "the author". So I suppose these things do happen. Having said that, I suspect if he were to pretend to be someone else, he would not be stupid enough to use his own name and then signed off as someone else...... This is my educated guess anyway.

From what I can see, with the scarcity of real lenormand resources out there, his might be a good one to check out.

Le Fanu

From what I can see, with the scarcity of real lenormand resources out there, his might be a good one to check out.
I think I'll pass on this one. We have Caitlin's and Rana's and Andy's and that excellent ebook by Anthony Luis. I was just curious about this one...

Barleywine

Although I'm always on the lookout for more English-language stuff, I think I'll pass on this one too. My order of preference is Andy's (for its solid fundamentalism), Caitlin's (for its playing-card material) and Rana's (for its readability), along with the brief e-book by Anthony Louis; I also use Sylvie Steinbach's book for reference but not technique, and I haven't gone for the Katz/Goodwin books yet. Right now I'm reading Rachel Pollock's companion book to the Burning Serpent Oracle, which is long on traditional value and blessedly short on personal opinionizing. But my main resource is the binder I put together from the numerous blog posts that are out there, which I have organized and tabbed by author and topic.

Village Witch

Although I'm always on the lookout for more English-language stuff, I think I'll pass on this one too. My order of preference is Andy's (for its solid fundamentalism), Caitlin's (for its playing-card material) and Rana's (for its readability), along with the brief e-book by Anthony Louis; I also use Sylvie Steinbach's book for reference but not technique, and I haven't gone for the Katz/Goodwin books yet. Right now I'm reading Rachel Pollock's companion book to the Burning Serpent Oracle, which is long on traditional value and blessedly short on personal opinionizing.

I have read all the books you mention and also have not read Katz/Goodwin. Rachel Pollock's book is my newest, and I just finished reading it last night. She has me hooked. Way too many modern nuances these days. I am falling in love with the traditional meanings. Makes reading so much easier, in my opinion.

Barleywine

I have read all the books you mention and also have not read Katz/Goodwin. Rachel Pollock's book is my newest, and I just finished reading it last night. She has me hooked. Way too many modern nuances these days. I am falling in love with the traditional meanings. Makes reading so much easier, in my opinion.

For me, that was the draw with Lenormand from the very beginning: it's crystal clear, very literal and goes "straight for the jugular," so to speak. Even if it is a bit more like Lego-block building than fine architecture. :)