Confused about crystal names...

EmpressArwen

at this website. There are a lot of crystals on this website that have the little (tm) at the end. Why? I've never heard of these (which may just be because I'm not very knowledgeable).

Scroll down this page and you can see several examples of crystal names with the (tm)...

http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/Wire-Wrap-Pendants.aspx

DDwarks

TM stands for trade mark.
I'm guessing those crystals come from a particular place on the globe and that the ones cashing in on them want recognition for them.

EmpressArwen

Interesting! Thanks!

EmpyreanKnight

Some crystal experts say though that this is nothing but a marketing ploy.

Just a question though. Do crystals that have basically the same physical-chemical structures, all other things being equal, have the same metaphysical properties in general, or do they vary by geographical location, with crystals mined in specific locations becoming more special or powerful relative to mineralogically similar crystals mined in others? This is a genuine question btw, I'm not being rhetorical nor am I fishing for any particular answer. I'm just curious what others here think about this.

EmpressArwen

Just a question though. Do crystals that have basically the same physical-chemical structures, all other things being equal, have the same metaphysical properties in general, or do they vary by geographical location, with crystals mined in specific locations becoming more special or powerful relative to mineralogically similar crystals mined in others? This is a genuine question btw, I'm not being rhetorical nor am I fishing for any particular answer. I'm just curious what others here think about this.

I'm very unknowledgeable about this stuff...

Padma? CN? Goth? Anyone? :)

Padma

Apparently, some crystals are supposed to be stronger than others depending where they come from, according to some of the crystal bibles I have read. But personally, I do not find this to be true. In my long experience of using crystals, they all work equally well if they are meant to be those that should work with you. In other words, if you get the crystal that seems to choose you, or the crystal that best fits the cure for your issue, you are good to go!

In regard to the TM crystals, I personally think it is a money grab. This is based upon the opinion of various mineralogical societies, who say the TM'd stones are the same in composition to their trade-mark free equals. ;) I'd say that anyone who tells you a stone from a specific region works better than the same stone from another region is just as misled as those who claim TM stones work better than their un-TM'd sisters and brothers.

EmpressArwen

Thank you, Padma! You are awesome and a walking gem/stone encyclopedia! lol :)

Padma

No problem, Arwen, and thanks for the kind words :heart:

Redfaery

I agree with Padma, and in regards to "Azeztulite" I would like to point out that even if the story about the mysterious "Azez" is true, that pretty white quartz with the nice vibrations is literally *everywhere* in North Carolina. I could, right now, pick up a shovel and dig up boulders of it in my yard. True or not, the price alone makes it a scam.