Help identifying stones

rmcfarron

I have several stones (picture attached) that I'm trying to identify. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Stones.JPG
    Stones.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 153

Padma

1 looks like an untumbled red Jasper.

2nd one looks like Celestite. If it is, be careful with it, it is very fragile ;)

3rd is hard to tell - could be malachite, and could also be Seraphinite. If there are fine black striations in it, it is most likely malachite.

Your large chunk of crystally blue may again be celestite, or it may be heated treated quartz. It looks almost like snow quartz druzy that has been dyed...or amethyst that has been heat treated to bleach, and then dyed.

and I agree about the smoky quartz and the ruby in zoisite.

Nice stones!

readings.by.mia

Basically what Padma said, though I'd say the green one is definetely a malachite.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI GRA-L09 mediante Tapatalk

danieljuk

The first stone doesn't seem reddy orange enough to be red jasper, alternative idea to go with Padma's, could it be red zircon unpolished? I have been searching dark red stones on google images and really struggling with stone 1!

Padma

The first stone doesn't seem reddy orange enough to be red jasper, alternative idea to go with Padma's, could it be red zircon unpolished? I have been searching dark red stones on google images and really struggling with stone 1!

If it was red zircon, then it would have set back rmcfarron a great deal of $! }) But maybe, you never know! (especially if it was a mine find and not a purchase.)

It may be a raw chunk of corundum. Ruby at the low end of the scale is quite easily available, and extremely affordable.

And...I may be totes incorrect! ;)

Danieljuk is right, it is really hard to tell what the red stone is. I'd need to see it in person.

danieljuk

actually now I am backing you Padma as my Gem / Stones knowledge is only basic and I don't think rmcfarron paid Zircon prices! or it was an extremely lucky haul! it's a tricky stone though, being not polished and such a dark red colour, almost brown! :heart: :thumbsup:

Padma

Danieljuk, don't back off yet! You might be right. A very small, low-grade zircon tumble can be found on Etsy for about $25. I did not realise it could be bought cheaply. (the zircon cut and polished gemstones - even tee tiny ones - are so very expensive!)

Photo comes from EsoTERRAca's shop.

It's just so hard to pinpoint with rough stones...

Attachments

• red zircon raw.jpg
    red zircon raw.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 137

rmcfarron

Thanks, danieljuk and Padma! This is very helpful. And I assure you that I didn't pay spendy prices for any of these stones :cool2: