study group application ~ sun, moon & ASC

CrystalRainbow

Yes Isthmus, I am very decisive. No procrastinator here. When I say I am going to do something, I do it. I am assertive. An interesting thing with me though, is the ability to 'leave' things, be it relationships, homes, jobs, security. My family is very important to me, but I don't feel I am overly maternal. Quite a 'matter of fact' person. I am EXTREMELY loyal and my intuition always serves me well.

If you are interested in having a closer look at my chart:

3.15am 18 April 1964
Adelaide
South Australia

Minderwiz

Purplefishy,

I'd opt for you being 'Pisces' well and truly. Your predominant element is Water and your predominant modality is mutable - and these are quite strongly dominant. Combine them into mutable water and you get Pisces.

That being said your House placements provide a fair amount of Balance with the Houses of Life (analagous to Fire) and Substance (analagous to Earth) being prominent.

The modern association of Pisces with Neptune has tended to lead to a view of Pisces as 'wet', 'nebulous' and living in 'dreamland'. The traditional ruler is Jupiter and he provides more drive and direction than the modern image suggests.

isthmus nekoi

CrystalRainbow,

Had a quick look at your chart and yes, you are heavy in the mutable signs which would make you a very adaptable person and able to 'let go' of things. As for family being important, your moon is dignified by sign (Cancer) and accidently by house (4th). It's literally at home w/those placements...

purplefishy

Which are the houses of life and substance?

Minderwiz

Purplefishy,

There are three Houses to each of four general areas of life, so they are often called Trinities.

The Trinity of Life are those corresponding to the Fire Signs so they would be First, Fifth and Ninth.

The Trinity of Substance are those corresponding to the Earth signs - Second, Sixth and Tenth.

The Trinity of Relationships are those corresponding to the Air signs - Third, Seventh and Eleventh and

The Trinity of Endings are the Fourth, Eighth an Twelfth

Arguably planets placed in these houses can help to offset the lack of an element in your element balance. So if you were lacking in Water but had several planets in the Fourth and Eighth Houses that could compensate and provide you with a more balanced chart.

purplefishy

Thank you for all of the helpful info! I have a question regarding a friend of mine. Her Sun is in Aquarius, her moon is in Scorpio, and her Asc is in Libra. Could you tell me how these all work together?

Minderwiz

Hi Purplefishy,

Aquarius Sun will work quite well with Libra Ascendant - both are Air signs and She will certainly find that she is able to easily relate to others, even if her ideas an creative processes have a distinctly individual or analytical dimension to them - she is likely to be a very sociable person The Scorpio Moon suggests that there is hidden depths that are rarely consciously expressed. A strong receptive, intuitive dimension that sometimes clashes with her more analytical conscious mind. Indeed there will be a passionate approach to some areas of life that may rather surprise others. She might actually be someone who it is difficult to get to know on a personal level - keeping herself to herself and only rarely giving glimpses of the strong emotional life beneath the surface.

Adele

talk about confusion...

hi... talk about confusion... I have sun in leo, gemini moon and cancer rising... my moon sits in the 12H... an air moon in a water hse... all very changeable energies... the moon's dispositor being mercury... also a changeable planet... in the hidden 12H. needless to say, my emotions are VERY changeable!

my moon (gemini) is sextile venus (leo) in the 2H conjunct the sun.

I have a grand trine w/ moon (gemini) 12H, mars (libra) 4H, saturn rx (aquarius) 8H... and it forms a kite w/ jupiter rx (aries) in the 10H opposing mars (libra) 4H... I also have an interception w/ 4H (mars/libra) & 10H (jupiter/aries).

I also have another kite w/ the same grand trine as above... but this time the kite formation is w/ sun/venus (leo) in 2H opposing saturn rx (aquarius) in 8H.

so what do you think of this?

my birth info is: 8.14.63 at 2:52 a.m. fort dix, NJ

thanks.

firestorm

Non-compatible Sun, Moon, Asc.

I found this thread very interesting because my sun, moon, ascendent combo seems very incompatible to me. I literally feel like a multiple personality at times ;) I'd be interested in any thoughts/comments.

Sun 10 Taurus 38
Moon 3 Aries 35
Asc. 9 Gemini 15

Mercury 26 Taurus 58
Venus 3 Gemini 48
Mars 9 Aries 07
Jupiter 7 Pisces 06
Saturn 11 Aquarius 04
Uranus 26 Leo 24
Pluto 7 Virgo 36

Physically I'm slow, steady, deliberate (Taurus), and mentally I'm very much my Ascendent, in fact, I identify with being a Gemini a little more than Taurus, but it seems that they're always at odds. Plus, add the Aries moon for a little fire, and things can get real, well, interesting.

silverting

i have leo moon and rising with aries sun(9th house) also the only fire signs i have

i don't really seems leo-like to my friends or those who just met me, i seems more like a quiet,shy nerdy person and is opposite to what i behave or is like with close friends..dont really know much about astrology...

heres my birthdata if you are interested...29/3/1988...1508..singapore