This Guy Should Create a Deck

KafkasGhost

I can't help it, I love his work, it is immortalized forever on my shoulder/arm piece. If he knew I was here peddling his work he might think I'm a scary stalker but I think he would make a brilliant tarot deck designer.

He mentioned that he has thought of it one day.

When I rake in more dollars, perhaps I will approach him with a commission...

http://tonygoeke.deviantart.com/gallery/#Paintings-and-such

irmata

Very interesting blend of new-skool and traditional. The effect he achieves is very much like silk painting; quite luminous. You're right - his style would translate really well to a tarot deck!

Morgane_49

I agree!

I like his work, as well. Lots of potential there!

Alta

At the very least, what a cool oracle deck!

KafkasGhost

Alta said:
At the very least, what a cool oracle deck!

I haven't looked into oracle decks much but how do they different from tarot decks?

Curtis Penfold

KafkasGhost said:
I haven't looked into oracle decks much but how do they different from tarot decks?

A tarot deck is an oracle deck.

However, here we use the term "oracle" to refer to non-Tarot decks that people use for divination. Some decks that are intended to be revised Tarot decks deviate so far from Tarot that people will simiply call them "oracle."

(As a side note, a person can use anything for an oracle. Throw some crayons on the floor, use them to read the future and vwellah, you've got an oracle).

Yes, what these cards would be very appropriate for an Oracle Deck. I like the simple symbolism, like the heart watching you. Beautiful.

KafkasGhost

Hmmm, well if that's the case, looks like he's already accomplished that. :0)

So I guess an oracle deck is a deck of cards w/o the formal 78 major/minor thing.

I can let him know this exciting news (god, he'll think I'm stalking, lol...)

I'm going to try casting my ball of seitan and see what comes up. I'm actually not joking, I don't mean to sound flippant, I see some pretty interesting stuff in that ball of seitan.

Curtis Penfold

Below, with the forum jump, you can go to the Oracles and see a few examples of other Oracle decks.