journal for faeries oracle

a_shikhs

Hey i was thinking of making a journal only for my faeries oracle where i can jot down readings and information on faeries. A complete book on faeries. Does anyone else here have a journal only for this deck??

gorgeousbutterfly

Yes, i do and its very useful. you look back and say they were right on when it didn't make sense at the moment. or you can elaborate on the meanings of the cards because sometimes they send different messages.

CandyApple

Well I don't..but I think that would be a good idea! I keep all my readings together...lol...well i try to that is...

But as it is different that tarot That would be a useful thing.

Rattiemama

I too keep a journal, and have found it priceless in developing my own redings of the cards. After three or four years of readings, I'm on my second one now . . . each reading seems to turn into a journal entry exploring the issues the faeries have raised for me. At the end, I allways try to summerize the meanings of the cards I've pulled. I never could keep a journal as sturctured as Froud suggests in the book . . . a page for each card . . . but perhaps I should go back, start a new journal, and just lift my short interpretations and plunk them into a more oragnized fashion.

But looking back over the journals not only puts things in persective, but you can see patterns, cards you tend to pull more at certain times and so on. I highly suggest doing some type of journal with this deck.

Blessings!

sagewriter

yeah. i love looking back and seeing how i've advanced. it's great for help when i get stick on meanings. and it feel more personal than looking at the book.

greenbeans

yup, i do use a small (a5) file as a 'Faerie File' part of which is an 'oracle journal'. It is good because I can insert or extract pages as needed. I am a naturally messy person who makes a big effort to be organized, so i have carefully organized the file with coloured seperators and everything! (don't laugh, my first attempt descended into an utter chaos).

My sections are:
1) a first page with a dedication to my Guide and thanking all the Fae
2) Exercises from the book (Grouping the Cards, Power Cards etc)
3)Notes on each card 0-65 (keywords, symbols, colours etc)
4)Readings (I jot down the date, spread, cards, interpretation)
5)My connection to faery (meditation, dreams, odd events etc)

The rest of the file has stuff on Faery folklore, recipes, herbs, crystals, runes of elfland, quotes, favourite poems, book lists etc

I imagine it would seem a tad anal to some, but I am VERY scruffy/dizzy and tend to fill up notebooks randomly then lose them. this way i have a nicely laid out 'history' of my connection with the cards to refer to.

a_shikhs

greenbeans said:
The rest of the file has stuff on Faery folklore, recipes, herbs, crystals, runes of elfland, quotes, favourite poems, book lists etc

Wow.. that really sounds cool.. It would be great if you could share a few recipes, quotes, and faery folklore stuff.. I love learning new stuff about the fae folk.. :)