The Cartomancy Study Thread

zhadee

good grief! Looks like there was a terrible month in store for me :bugeyed:
what a pity we have this limit of 22 images, or else I would post the entire beastly spread and see what can be done about it apart from fortune telling, though I don't expect much improvement when the last card is the black king of spades :shhh:

CosmicBeing

good grief! Looks like there was a terrible month in store for me :bugeyed:
what a pity we have this limit of 22 images, or else I would post the entire beastly spread and see what can be done about it apart from fortune telling, though I don't expect much improvement when the last card is the black king of spades :shhh:

Last card #36 is coming up as king of diamonds.

My month looks like a dinner plate of poop with a gravy of diarrhea lol!!

zhadee

Last card #36 is coming up as king of diamonds.

My month looks like a dinner plate of poop with a gravy of diarrhea lol!!

aye, I heartily agree with your perception :laugh: I reckon I won't become a fan of this reading method!

I wonder how expensive any counterspells & jinxes must have been when this spread was popular.
Being blessed with such a reading... an increased dose of antidepressiva (or Rum) should be in order :party: cannot help but wonder why is fate so angry with me?

CosmicBeing

aye, I heartily agree with your perception :laugh: I reckon I won't become a fan of this reading method!

I wonder how expensive any counterspells & jinxes must have been when this spread was popular.
Being blessed with such a reading... an increased dose of antidepressiva (or Rum) should be in order :party: cannot help but wonder why is fate so angry with me?

I am kinda wondering if maybe we did it the 36 card way maybe it be more friendly lol or maybe the reading spread has more negative positions.

I thought the same...maybe I need a bottle of bourbon as I read this lol. Some of my cards are good...but a good percentage of them is about having enemies around? I mean I cut out a huge percentage of people out of my life...so either there is an enemy online or I am blind to a possible danger.

zhadee

I am kinda wondering if maybe we did it the 36 card way maybe it be more friendly lol or maybe the reading spread has more negative positions.

I thought the same...maybe I need a bottle of bourbon as I read this lol. Some of my cards are good...but a good percentage of them is about having enemies around? I mean I cut out a huge percentage of people out of my life...so either there is an enemy online or I am blind to a possible danger.

spiced grog for me - pour me another one :D

I don't want to think about enemies - the world is filled with conflicts, and people fighting. I don't have enemies, at least not in the way merriam-webster defines the word 'enemy'. I know there are people who don't like me, some of my neighbours look at me with dislike (which I heartily return), and some of my workmates perhaps wish me ill. But nobody threatens me in person.

If the spread plants such thoughts, then it is a bad thing. You know what I did? I just put the 36 cards in the 4x9 order. Doing so, I could read them like a Lenormand GT.

Tendencies of the Suits.

It will be seen in the foregoing definitions that hearts are almost invariably the sign of good luck, love, and happiness. Even where the position is indicative of misfortune, the presence of a heart has a mitigating effect upon the evil. Clubs rank next in order of good fortune, and seem specially connected with the precious gift of true friendship. Diamonds seem accompanied by the disquieting elements of jealousy and rivalry, which strew obstacles in the path to success and happiness, while for sheer bad luck and dire disaster the ill-omened suit of spades stands unrivalled.

This can be entertaining, and it would be a great opening to a murder-mystery-crime, when in the course of the movie all sitters meet their destiny, and the solution comes with the revenge of the ill-treated step-daugher of the family's black sheep. :D

I will try and read my cards as a 4x9 spread according to the meanings of the new-world-witchery-guide and be good with it.

zhadee

36 playing cards

I will try and read my cards as a 4x9 spread according to the meanings of the new-world-witchery-guide and be good with it.
... which does not look too bad. I cannot post all 36 cards, and since the cat had to march across the spread in search for food, or a comfortable place, or just because the spread was in her way, I have to rebuild it. What I will do later. Maybe tomorrow. So now just parts of it - the cards around the Queen of Hearts. Could be me, though I tend to see myself as the Queen of Wands - the nurse. And when I am in a bad mood, I might as well be Queen of Spade. Not because of the backstabbing thing, but because of the logical approach. I guess, all the Queens are there so I may pick my preferred attitude.

Q:heart: in the 4th row, which says I don't call the shots round here, 6:diamond: comes with a sense of restriction, and also a need to make a decision. 7:heart: and 10:spade: follow behind, which reads like an end to lovesickness and tears. Well, it can't get any worse. Looks like there were hatches to bury.
tumblr_ofutvqiimo1ue28rfo1_1280.jpg

CosmicBeing

Think I am also going to pull the 15 card spread too to see if it aligns with the 36 card spread.

zhadee

I'm not sure how to read this one, so the general Lenormand rules should work here,too. What I usually do with any GT, is reading the whole deck as 4 phrases. As the use of playing card symbols is reduced, I'll just list the numbers.
5's, 3's, and the Queens are complete - groups, gains & losses; growth, and truth
3x Kings, Jacks, 9's, 8's, 7's, and 2's. But not a single 4 - things are on the move, things are going somewhere.
18 black cards, 10 spades! Yuck.

The first 3 cards are clubs: talking about the present situation at work. 9 - 8 - 3 looks like a reduction. Q:club: could be one of my workmates, who is also a friend of mine. She has much on her plate, but she is doing a good job. Looks like she tries to sort things out, but she cannot give more than she has. I know she wants to help me. 7 - 3 - 7 looks like a loss of trouble, but that might be a deception in order to keep me calm and happy.

second line:
I know these cards aren't mean, but what an assembly of ghastly combinations! This almost looks like physical death. All in all, bad news coming along, and the inability to communicate adds to the discomfort. A - 8 - 9 looks like a piece of work, and it will not be easy. The cure, or offer (5:club: could be a helping hand) brings forth an ending. Bad news and lots of malicious gossip. This might not be of my concern, though it adds to the scenery. lol
Looks like somebody was coming to a decision, and I am confronted with the result. Could refer to both work and location.

Third line: King 2 Queen. Not sure who this couple is. They have a friends-with-benefits relationship. The Q:spade: is surrounded by many red cards, she should be a gentle person. Smart, a bit intimidating. Connected to the
Q:heart:, should be a person in my virtual network. Should be a person I really like :) I can think of at least 1 who fits that description. Not sure how the playing cards describe cardreading, but the first one that comes to mind is J:diamond:. This line looks nice, it talks about daydreaming and physical activity that keeps the nasty mood at bay :p

Fourth line comes with Q:heart:, which seems a rather inactive position. Things happen to me, I watch them come. There also is that heartache, which feels like I visit a graveyard. Do I come to peace with this after all? Could also be a journey and a visitor coming by. Oh, don't get me started again!

CosmicBeing

How did you add the image? what website do you use?

zhadee

tumblr

If doing so isn't in line with forum rules, I'll remove the image and turn it into a link for future reference.
I still have the spread sitting on the window sill, and I keep staring at it, the more I do the scarier it gets. Not sure what this is reflecting.
Possibly, this is rather a lapse of faith I felt that moment, an outlook on my present situation and its likely development. GT's often work that way for me. They hardly ever point towards a future in the sense of a prediction, but as a matter that unfolds and develops.