Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Morgan Greer Study

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups


 
Spiderwoman  Spiderwoman is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jan 2013
Location: Essex England
Posts: 503
Spiderwoman 

Hi
I bought my MG deck in Glastonbury in October last year and haven't used it for readings yet. Would love to join in discussions on it!!
Spiderwoman
Top   #31
The Kiwi  The Kiwi is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Jan 2013
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 441
The Kiwi 

Well the odd thing was, I was in two different cars! The flat tire was on my father's truck, and my car was the one that didn't start that morning, but later that day started right up.
At the time I thought "oh no, I finally found a 2nd deck that I truly like and I'm not allowed to have them", but realize now that I cherish them that much more that I had to fight for them. I'm very picky when it comes to decks, at least right now, sense I'm still learning.

I want to be moved by the images, and not have to always refer to my notes when I can't remember a meaning. I'm finding it difficult with the courts in this deck, only because they're right up on their faces, and don't offer much else to go on. Their faces all seem to be the same, not alot of expression. Like they're caught in deep thought.

I started a discussion on the Knight of Swords yesterday, which is actually what prompted me to want to discuss the deck. His face really disturbed me with what seems to be happening in the back ground.

Glad to see others are interested, Spiderwoman!
Top   #32
Quester's Avatar
Quester  Quester is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Oct 2007
Location: NA
Posts: 2,651
Quester 

Here's hoping there will be others who want to dust off their Morgan Greer Tarot and join me here.
Top   #33
La Force  La Force is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,522
La Force 

I'm all in, let's do it.

so do you have any idea's yet how we'll start?

Do we start new threads, go through the Majors in order, or do we pick a card that is of interest, what are you ideas?
Top   #34
strings of life's Avatar
strings of life  strings of life is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,658
strings of life 

I'm in as well . It's one of my favorite reading decks. I have always wanted to delve into it further - the color symbolism especially.

I'm notoriously bad at doing those study groups, but since there are others who are interested at the same time, this would help keep my interest .

La Force, I think most study groups function best when people post random cards, but we could start with either the Majors or Minors, and if we opt to start with the Minors first, we can choose a suit and work from there. But again, random cards may be the most flexible way for everyone to get involved. What do you think? Meaning what does everyone think ?

I'm so happy that others are enthusiastic about this gem of a deck!
Top   #35
SweetIsTheTruth  SweetIsTheTruth is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 289
SweetIsTheTruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana View Post
I'm notoriously bad at doing those study groups,
You and me both. I have a CRAZY schedule from now through summer, but everyone here has gotten my interest piqued. Well, that and the 70s free love vibe of this deck.

And as far as cards, I have a very odd 3 card spread with the Morgan-Greer that I would love to throw out to the crowd. I am not asking for an interpretation either. This spread came up as a practice on Enrique's methods, so it wasn't a reading for any person or situation.
Top   #36
La Force  La Force is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,522
La Force 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana View Post
I'm in as well . It's one of my favorite reading decks. I have always wanted to delve into it further - the color symbolism especially.

I'm notoriously bad at doing those study groups, but since there are others who are interested at the same time, this would help keep my interest .

La Force, I think most study groups function best when people post random cards, but we could start with either the Majors or Minors, and if we opt to start with the Minors first, we can choose a suit and work from there. But again, random cards may be the most flexible way for everyone to get involved. What do you think? Meaning what does everyone think ?

I'm so happy that others are enthusiastic about this gem of a deck!
I am flexiable, and feel that what is best to keep the enthusiasm of the group, works for me. I am just going to tag a long.

I did the Book of Shadows Vol 2. study group all by myself during the month of Jan 2014, I ended up getting so bored, lost interest, bla bla bla mostly due to no interaction, so I was hesitant about continuing this study group, alone.

Anyone wants to lead the way, I'll be right behind you.
Top   #37
La Force  La Force is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,522
La Force 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetIsTheTruth View Post
You and me both. I have a CRAZY schedule from now through summer, but everyone here has gotten my interest piqued. Well, that and the 70s free love vibe of this deck.

And as far as cards, I have a very odd 3 card spread with the Morgan-Greer that I would love to throw out to the crowd. I am not asking for an interpretation either. This spread came up as a practice on Enrique's methods, so it wasn't a reading for any person or situation.
We all have busy lives in the real world, so when ever you have spare time, we could do a card a week, whatever doesn't matter, we'll work it out.

I would be interested in you 3 card spread. Make that one of the threads in the study group. heck why not.
Top   #38
SweetIsTheTruth  SweetIsTheTruth is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 24 Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 289
SweetIsTheTruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana View Post
random cards may be the most flexible way for everyone to get involved. What do you think?
This gets my vote, for the randomness of the draw. (If anyone wants to consciously choose a card, I am fine with that too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Force View Post
I would be interested in you 3 card spread. Make that one of the threads in the study group. heck why not.
Just got back from the study group threads. Much of it is left unfinished. I am not sure where to post a 3 card spread in the study group. Do we have to notify the mods if we start a new thread in the study group, so the mods can tie the new thread to the study group?

Also, have you nosed around in there? Those who posted previously to the study group didn't like the Morgan-Greer Devil trump, with which I respectfully disagree. I don't want to get into that discussion though, until everyone has the Devil trump in their deck.
Top   #39
Marie-Bernard  Marie-Bernard is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 08 Jan 2014
Location: among savage beasts and vermin
Posts: 299
Marie-Bernard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetIsTheTruth View Post
Also, have you nosed around in there? Those who posted previously to the study group didn't like the Morgan-Greer Devil trump, with which I respectfully disagree. I don't want to get into that discussion though, until everyone has the Devil trump in their deck.
What!? How dare they...If you scratched that Devil behind one of his furry ears he'd be your friend for life!

I'm in (at least for the Majors because I'm going to be comparing the color scheme to what Paul Foster Case has written) as soon as the UPS man brings my Morgan Greer.
Top   #40




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.