Fifth AT Collab Deck - Artwork specs and technical questions

annabel398

New: February 6th, 2015

Please Note

We're very excited to welcome REALL as our new Technical person!

All contributors should PM Reall via A.T. FORUM with the dropbox link to their card design and LWB. Or, if you don't have a dropbox account, you can send the images directly to Reall's email address astrokartes@gmail.com so she can add it to the shared folder.

Here is the link to the new shared folder in dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sz0c5nupj07qdsg/AAC0Y8QGJWpmGt2vuBJf_vrua?dl=0

If you prefer that your artwork is not shared, please notify Reall.

At the moment Flames and reall will be the main contact persons for the deck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, this thread is for the fifth AT collaborative deck: technical specs and questions go here.

=================================
Artwork specs
-----------------------------------------------------------

DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 750 pixels wide by 1225 pixels tall at 300dpi.
(If you want to work larger than life size, you can do 1000x1633 at 400dpi)

NON-DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 2-1/2" wide by 4-1/16" tall.
or 63mm wide by 104mm tall.
Want to work larger than life size? Try 5" x 8-1/8" (or 127mm x 207mm) and scan at 50%

The ratio of width to height should be 30:49.

You don't have to worry about "safe area" or "bleeds"--because we're doing borders in post-production, you can just design to the exact space listed above.

--------------------

Again, this thread is for TECHNICAL questions. Other threads:

Card signup only - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4093620#post4093620
General discussion - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224421

-Teammembers: Gulliver, Reall, Flames, Starlightexp, Daphne, Marirowana.
-Tech Support: Annabel398

annabel398

Where to put the files for post-production

ARTISTS: Because of the limitations on posting images here at AT, I have started a Dropbox account. Join Dropbox with this link:
https://db.tt/t9htGaLa
And we will each get an extra 500MB.

Please send me an email -- to my username, care of that place that begins with Ya and ends with Hoo -- when your artwork is ready to upload. I'll send you a link to your own personal folder in the Dropbox.

Along with your artwork, please send a text or word file with your LWB entry!
- Card name/number
- Anything you want to say about it (symbolism, media, etc)
- The name you want to appear (if you don't want a name at all, just say "anonymous")

And we will need a copyright release from each artist (IN PREPARATION NOW, I hope to have one finalized by 4 Oct)

If you have any questions at all, please post them here or email me.

EVERYONE: The Dropbox has a shared folder where I am putting artwork from people who have given permission to share it. Here's the link: Shared folder

=============
DROPBOX PRIMER
-----------------------
Dropbox is an online file storage and sharing program. You sign up https://db.tt/t9htGaLa and take their little Getting Started tour. And voilá, you have 2GB of free cloud storage.

You can upload files by dragging and dropping, or by clicking on the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a plus sign (top right area of the screen).

To organize your files, you can create folders. The icon is a folder with a plus sign. Drag and drop files into folders.

If someone (like me!) shares a folder, you will see that folder in your Dropbox as though you had created it yourself. If you drag a file into a shared folder, both you and the other person will be able to see it.

Dropbox can be used directly from any modern browser, and they also have an app you can download, if you prefer that. I downloaded the app (because doing so increased my storage allocation) but I usually just use it from my browser.

There's more, but I think this covers the basics."

tarotbear

Will we all be able to see each other's artwork in the 'AEclectic' Dropbox? :)

annabel398

Will we all be able to see each other's artwork in the 'AEclectic' Dropbox? :)

Good question.
Some people have expressed a strong preference that their card NOT be available to others. I have decided to go with individual dropboxes as the default. If you would like your card to be available to all, please drop me a note and I will put it in the AT folder. A link can be found in the second post of this thread.

If you do not ask me to "share" your artwork, I will assume that you want to keep it private.

If you can, please EMAIL me... my private mailbox at Aeclectic is quite full. It's (my username) care of that big web outfit that begins with Ya and ends with Hoo.

tl;dr - Want your work to be seen by all? Email me!

tarotbear

If you do not ask me to "share" your artwork, I will assume that you want to keep it private.

I am all for sharing! Why do a card if you don't want anyone to see it? :confused: This is a collaboration. :confused: :confused:

reall

omg! I just check dropbox! 3Pbeutiful!;))))
and D-card like idea!^^ lolz so,,, contemporary/hypster?!!;)))))
btw is this oh! and ah thread?:)))) lolz

gregory

I am all for sharing! Why do a card if you don't want anyone to see it? :confused: This is a collaboration. :confused: :confused:
As I recall, in previous decks here, most of the cards were unseen until the deck was completed.... No biggie.

Amsonia

Ace of Wands

Spoiler Alert....Here is a low resolution preview of the Ace of Wands. If you want to be surprised and wait until the whole deck is finished, don't look at it :)

It is 3 actual photographs merged together, with very little digital manipulation.

Attachments

• ace of wands low res.jpg
    ace of wands low res.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 175

tarotbear

That is Beautiful! :thumbsup: I'm still working in MS PAINT ... :rolleyes: ... but I actually figured out how to 'layer' although that presents another whole set of problems to save it ....

{MS PAINT does not have layers for all those working in GIMP or Photoshop or other advanced manipulation systems.

And if there is an easier way to layer in PAINT - I need a tutorial :eek: }

The Six of Pentacles:

Attachments

• 6 Pents B.jpg
    6 Pents B.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Sky Background.jpg
    Sky Background.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 6 Pents Use This.jpg
    6 Pents Use This.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 150