New Combo - Arrested Development

SwordOfTruth

Well after my big release last night and an epiphany this morning I have a little story to tell. I posted a big reading about why I'm so bound up with anxiety and some people very generously chimed in. This morning I got out of bed to make a coffee - warning skip to the next paragraph if you are eating or squeamish - and my kitchen floor was covered in hundreds of live maggots. Welcome to living in the tropics! They had hatched in my bin and crawled out. Note to self, all food scraps are to be placed in the freezer and put in the outdoor bin on garbage day.

But being of a shamanic bent I never let a good sign pass me by and this was one hell of a sign.

Maggots - things gone rotten, festering, the cycle of decay, death and renewal. What lovely themes at 5am! But you know they are gods creatures too and perform an important role in life. They protect us from disease by consuming things that would otherwise harbour pathogens.

So out comes the tarot, I want to know what the maggots are all about. FYI, a vacumn cleaner makes short work of that unpleasant task.

Page Of Pentacles - the student, but she's not dynamic. She's static and tends to sit on things. It's a slow moving suit but can also point to things not moving on when they need to. She came up in my reading last night as something which I am not doing right.

Eight Of Swords - the entrapment card. Here the page can go no further, she is trapped.

Queen Of Pentacles - the destination or where things should be progressing to given the current circumstances and if things were not so blocked up and in need of a bit of composting.

So yeah, my tarot gave me a new combo today....Page Of Pentacles + Eight Of Swords = Arrested development.

nisaba

Maggots - things gone rotten, festering, the cycle of decay, death and renewal.
Page Of Pentacles - the student, but she's not dynamic. She's static and tends to sit on things. It's a slow moving suit but can also point to things not moving on when they need to. She came up in my reading last night as something which I am not doing right.

Or ... maggots are not a mature creature, they are the baby-stage of certain insects, mostly different species of fly. So the Page could be pointing to youth. Maggots cannot fly fast like their parents, they can only crawl slowly, and the Page Pentacles is the slowest of the Pages, so this card is describing exactly what you saw on your floor. :)

Eight Of Swords - the entrapment card. Here the page can go no further, she is trapped.

And you vacuumed them up, preventing them from going further in their life cycle and developing into flies!

Queen Of Pentacles - the destination or where things should be progressing to given the current circumstances and if things were not so blocked up and in need of a bit of composting.

This card could go two ways in my alternative reading. Either it talks to you yourself, doing the sensible, Queen Pentacles chores of cleaning up so as to ensure a pleasant environment for your family, or if it continues describing the maggots as the previous cards did, it might indicate that even though they have been through the vacuum cleaner, one or two might survive the trip into the garbage and later develop into flies away from your house, to breed up a whole new batch of maggots, being the quintessential Mother than the Queen Pentacles so often is. :)

What a great subject to read on! I'm glad you thought of it.

SwordOfTruth

it might indicate that even though they have been through the vacuum cleaner, one or two might survive the trip into the garbage and later develop into flies away from your house, to breed up a whole new batch of maggots, being the quintessential Mother than the Queen Pentacles so often is. :)

What a great subject to read on! I'm glad you thought of it.

Well a couple did evade the vacumn cleaner and were crawling around a little later, I picked them up by hand and threw them out the window. So probably a few did survive. Not sure if that last sentence is sarcasm or not. Hard to tell over the internet. But life often does speak to us through the mundane.

nisaba

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I was genuinely fascinated. Still am. People don't read about Odd Stuff near often enough.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I do find it improtant to read aout strange things that you find are signs sometimes! But something to add is that in my system, the kings are the grown version of knights, and and the queens of pages. So, the eight of swords could e like that "broken" pahse or nadir through which one transforms. It could be entrapment, taht the page transformed in, and the page-queen of pents shows transformation and age. You can also consider that the eight could represent something that maggots do or create to feed off of.