An affair on the horizon?

tarotchipmunk

Hi,

I did a relationship spread (celtic cross) for myself which may seem pretty obvious but I am scared I am not interpreting it correctly because I am biased. My question concerned what I could expect in my love life in the following few months. To give you some context, I am in a relationship but there is another man (older man, in position of authority) in the horizon who I also have feelings for.

I pulled the Hanged man as the outcome, and what I typically do is pull out several clarifiers in order to gain more insight. In this case it was Hanged Man + Ace of Wands + Devil+ reversed 3 of Cups + Star + Lovers + Ace of Cups.

I would interpret this as me having an affair with this man (who I am not in a relationship with), which would possibly result in a pregnancy? Am I way off, or would you have a similar interpretation?

Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: For me the Hanged Man + Ace of Wands combo represents something phallic- I know this may sound a tad strange but that's how I see it due the cards' visual representation. The Devil, reversed 3 of Cups (which I usually read as representing an affair) and Stars represent (in my view) giving in to temptation and secret desires, which is further confirmed by the appearance of the Lovers. However, the Lovers + Devil combo makes me think that this is something passionate and maybe short-lived. The Ace of Cups is what suggests a pregnancy to me because the Empress came up in the 'immediate future' position. I am aware there are a variety of meanings, and layers of meanings, to each card, and that I am basing this on rather literal interpretations, which is whyI'd be very grateful for other insights and opinions.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, tarotchipmunk!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules (click) to see what's expected of you when posting in this forum. You are allowed to list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading in this forum. Complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings. If you think the other cards from the reading are necessary to provide context to the outcome card and 6 clarifiers you pulled, then the discussion needs to occur in Your Readings. Please either delete the rest of cards from the reading so that the thread can stay here in UTC or provide your own interpretations for them and the thread will be moved to YR.

In both UTC and YR, when asking for help with card interpretations, you are required to provide your own interpretations first before anyone else may help you. You're also required in both forums to provide feedback to each person who posts trying to help you and a general "Thanks" type post is not considered feedback.

Please feel free to PM me directly if you have any questions about this matter.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

ETA: Can you also please more clearly explain how you got affair and pregnancy from the Hanged Man and 6 clarifiers?

tarotchipmunk

Update

Hi RWCarter,

Duly noted :) I've removed the other cards.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Interpetations

Greeings, tarotchipmunk. Thank you for editing your original post, but we still need a bit more on the interpretatons. We know you're stuck, but it helps other posters to know your thought process and how you see EACH card, not all of them together, when offering your interpretation on them.

So, what does the the Hanged Man mean? Why do you see affair/pregnancy in it?
What does the Ace/Wands mean? Why do you see affair/pregancy in it? What does the Devil mean? What does the 3/Cups reversed mean? Star? Lovers? Ace/Cups? Why do each of these mean "affair/pregnacy" to you? As all clarifiers mean THE SAME THING as the original card, just said in a different way to "clarify" the meaning?

You can't expect others to go through all seven of these cards if you don't take the time to do the same. And this is one of those rules of the forum. No one can give you interpretations until you give them, and one blanket interpretation isn't really enough in this case. Unless you want to edit your post down to just the Hanged/Man and/or 1 or 2 clarifiers and how they mean affair/pregnancy?

Posters please hold off till Tarotchipmunk has offered interpretations before posting.

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

tarotchipmunk

Apologies...

Sorry, I hadn't seen RWCarter's edited noted.

OK, here goes. For me the Hanged Man + Ace of Wands combo represents something phallic- I know this may sound a tad strange but that's how I see it due the cards' visual representation. The Devil, reversed 3 of Cups (which I usually read as representing an affair) and Stars represent (in my view) giving in to temptation and secret desires, which is further confirmed by the appearance of the Lovers. However, the Lovers + Devil combo makes me think that this is something passionate and maybe short-lived. The Ace of Cups is what suggests a pregnancy to me because the Empress came up in the 'immediate future' position. I am aware there are a variety of meanings, and layers of meanings, to each card, and that I am basing this on rather literal interpretations, which is whyI'd be very grateful for other insights and opinions.

I hope this meets your requirements, and please feel free to let me know if I should provide any additional info :)

Thirteen

I hope this meets your requirements, and please feel free to let me know if I should provide any additional info :)
Those interpretations were excellent. And I'll give you my thoughts in return...Imagine I said to you "You said the Hanged Man and the Ace/Wands are phallac? I don't understand. Can you say that again?" And you'd say, maybe "I see them as sexual." And then I said, "I don't understand, can you say that again." And you said, "I see them as relating to sex." And I said, "I don't understand, can you say that again...."

Are you saying anything different each time I ask you to repeat yourself in a different way? Nope. THAT is what clarifier cards are. You're not asking the cards for MORE information. You're telling them you don't understand the Hanged Man answer to your question, and could they say it again in a different way.

So. Each and every one of those six cards says the same thing. Unless the deck got tired of repeating itself, which decks do (wouldn't you) and said, "Give it a rest!" :D

Now, I will actually agree with you that the Hanged Man can mean pregnancy (baby upside down in the womb). So, that might well be your answer as to the outcome from your interactions with either of these men in the next few months. Now, look at those six clarifiers. Ace/Wands can indicate the spark-of-life (i.e. a man's potency in making a woman pregnant). Devil (carnal desires, like eating the forbidden fruit, having results you'll be stuck with for the rest of your life), 3/cups (usually a celebration like a baby shower--rx means this is not celebrated--its not a desired result), Star (results will appear in the distant future--9 months away?), Lovers (a choice)....

In short, exaclty how many times do these cards have to tell you that you're in danger of getting pregnant in the next few months, and, unless you want this, maybe you should take precautions? Because that is what tarot cards are all about. They don't tell you the future that WILL be or must be, but rather, what is likely to happen if you don't do anything to change it.

Whatever your situation is or will be with either of these men, it certainly seems wise to be well protected on your part. Doesn't it?

tarotchipmunk

Thank you!

Thank you for your insights. I really enjoyed seeing some of your interpretations, especially as some of them would have never crossed my mind but make absolute sense when spelled out (ex: hanged man = baby in womb). I look forward to continue learning one this forum :)

Lucas Prince of Cats

The devil with hanged man can represent an affair, but it may be worth it. The star can represent that whatever you chose, there is hope for that relationship. The lovers says that you will need to make a choice. The ace of wands and cups show strong passion, and romantic energy. The reveresed three of cups shows confusion and distress, perhaps relationship instability?

Lucas Prince of Cats

Sorry, I hadn't seen RWCarter's edited noted.

OK, here goes. For me the Hanged Man + Ace of Wands combo represents something phallic- I know this may sound a tad strange but that's how I see it due the cards' visual representation. The Devil, reversed 3 of Cups (which I usually read as representing an affair) and Stars represent (in my view) giving in to temptation and secret desires, which is further confirmed by the appearance of the Lovers. However, the Lovers + Devil combo makes me think that this is something passionate and maybe short-lived. The Ace of Cups is what suggests a pregnancy to me because the Empress came up in the 'immediate future' position. I am aware there are a variety of meanings, and layers of meanings, to each card, and that I am basing this on rather literal interpretations, which is whyI'd be very grateful for other insights and opinions.

I did nopt notice the empress. For me, the mepress can represent freedom and creativity, so this could mean that you'll be given the choice of you want to be with.

tarotchipmunk

The devil with hanged man can represent an affair, but it may be worth it. The star can represent that whatever you chose, there is hope for that relationship. The lovers says that you will need to make a choice. The ace of wands and cups show strong passion, and romantic energy. The reveresed three of cups shows confusion and distress, perhaps relationship instability?

Hi Lucas,

That's a much more positive and uplifting interpretation than my initial one, although on a similar vein. Thank you for your insights, very useful :)