3 swords as hidden influence

Modasmile

I pulled the 3 swords as a hidden influence- things operating without my awareness or something I've overlooked.

This question was about love & relationships and what I don't know thats hidden.

Could this mean that I've overlooked how I felt when I left my ex because of his cheating ways or that Im not aware of the hurt that he's hiding or that he's feeling.
I'm finding it difficult as a hidden influence. What influence could it mean.

Grizabella

We're often at the mercy of "old tapes", meaning that we're operating under the power of a deeply ingrained attitudes we're not consciously aware of. It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction to something that isn't based in rational, calculated thought, but instead just kicks in irrationally in a situation.

For instance, let's say you were raised in an atmosphere of intolerance toward blue-eyed men. You've been taught that men like that will always break your heart and to be very wary of associating with them and that if you fall in love with one, you'll ultimately be hurt. Added to that, you did get your heart broken by a guy with blue eyes. Therefore, whenever a man with blue eyes shows a romantic interest in you, you automatically feel a twinge of fear that you stand a high chance of getting your heart broken but you don't consciously understand that this is an "old tape" that isn't true of all blue-eyed men and that you should give blue-eyed guys a chance by not listening to the old tape.

In this case you've mentioned, I'd question whether or not you've got some "old tapes" running that make you subconsciously fear being hurt again so you're under the power of that subconscious, unseen (by you) "old tape".

ETA: Reading this myself, I'm not sure I explained that in a clear way, but hopefully you'll understand what I meant. :)

Barleywine

In this case you've mentioned, I'd question whether or not you've got some "old tapes" running that make you subconsciously fear being hurt again so you're under the power of that subconscious, unseen (by you) "old tape".

ETA: Reading this myself, I'm not sure I explained that in a clear way, but hopefully you'll understand what I meant. :)

Another perspective on the same idea is that you haven't fully healed at a deep level of consciousness and it's still festering there, like the the "open sore that won't heal." Unfinished business of the psyche, so to speak, suggesting that it's finally time to end ("sever") your past preoccupations and disassociate. The fact that you're still doing readings about it makes me think that hasn't happened, unless this came totally "out of the blue." At any rate, I see it as more about you than him, unless you're still giving him access to torment you in some way.

SwordOfTruth

I pulled the 3 swords as a hidden influence- things operating without my awareness or something I've overlooked.

This question was about love & relationships and what I don't know thats hidden.

Could this mean that I've overlooked how I felt when I left my ex because of his cheating ways or that Im not aware of the hurt that he's hiding or that he's feeling.
I'm finding it difficult as a hidden influence. What influence could it mean.

It means you've buried your past hurts and are hoarding them rather than resolving them. This is playing out in your interactions with others as they sense your defensiveness and it turns them off. I lot of the time we are unaware of just how much others pick up about us even when we think it doesn't show. In my workplace there is one woman that everyone knows is sour and bitter and they avoid her like the plague. Even though she wears a smile all day and talks the positive talk. She's not fooling anyone, they all call her fake. People have very subtle receptors for vibe and its usually quite impossible to hide our true vibe.

Modasmile

Wow they are all very interesting explainations yes I've had a lot of past hurts and I have tended to bury them and not address them.
I just deal with what's happened the best I can and move forward. Old tape is spot on and it's actually proved true but it's done me no favours either. I do have those trust issues and tend to not let anyone too close in fear of been hurt again. I didn't actually think about my ex when pulling the card I was thinking about what's in store for me love wise as I'd love to meet someone new.
I mentioned my ex as that's the only thing I could relate to the 3 swords.
I also pulled justice as (advice ) to me meaning the pros and cons to be fair and balanced about future decisions. I agree and understand that past hurts are my hidden influence that's possibly stopping me from meeting someone else or giving people a chance. Possibly men notice my defensiveness which I think I'm hiding but not very well.

Thank you so much I understand now.