Two of wands Are those Roses Pomegranates?

lucifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd
Roses have either five petals, or a multiple of five, whilst lillies have six

Today i draw Two of Wands for My Card of The Day.

I always considered the flowers as Waite describes in the PKT: Roses and Lilies. Until Today, i noticed that the form of the roses are looking different than the roses on I.The Magician.

I compared the flowers with II The Highpriestess and found out that the red flowers on two of wands are more similar with the pomegranate than with the Rose.

II of wands is connected with the High Priestess were we also find the pomegranates (and palms)

After some surfing i found something interesting on:

http://goddesschess.blogspot.com/2008/03/rimmon-pomegranate-symbol-of-goddess.html

"The Bible says the pillars of Solomon's temple were ornamented with the female-genital symbols of lilies and pomegrantates. (1 Kings 7:18-20). Solomon himself impersonated the phallic god Baal-Rimmon, "Lord of the Pomegranate," when he was united with his divine bride, the mysterious Shulamite, and drank the juice of her pomegranate (Song of Solomon 8:2)"

and

"1 Kings 7:18-20. Background: talking about the plans of Israelite King Solomon in the construction of the First Temple:

"At the tops of the pillars he (Hiram, the worker in bronze from Tyre who, according to the biblical account, was "half-Jewish" because his mother, a widow, was of the tribe of Naphtali) made two lily-shaped capitals from molten bronze, each 7 1/2 feet high. The upper part of each capital wa shaped like a lily, six feet high. Each capital was decorated with seven sets of bronze, chain-designed lattices and four hundred pomegranates in wo rows. Hiram set these pillars at the entrance of the Temple. The one on the south was named the Jachin Pillar, and the one on the north, the Boaz Pillar."

The combination Lilies-pomegranates exists in the Temple of salomon. Not on the Highpriestess, which is her scienery but we find this combination on Two of wands.

Is "this" (roses and lilies) such a miss- leading statement of Waite?
Why call pomegranates, roses and point out so clearly where we have to look on the card.....

Do forum-members agree These Red Flowers are pomegranates?

What do pomegranates in stead of roses change in symbolism together with the lilies and the cross? Any hints?

I hope someone is inspired to shed some light on this.

Light
Lucifall

Abrac

To me the "roses" on the Two of Wands do resemble the pomegranates on the High Priestess, but what it might mean (if anything) I have no idea. It could be intentional and have a hidden meaning or it could just be the way they look. If you look at them under high magnification you can see the rose shape a little better but it's still hard to say for sure. :)

lucifall

Abrac said:
If you look at them under high magnification you can see the rose shape a little better but it's still hard to say for sure. :)
I checked the picture of Two of Wands under high magnification and I have to agree that they look like roses....
still i keep wondering why they look (without magnif.) like pomegranate and Waite is mentioning it so explicit....
(when we look to the card we can not go "around" those lilies and roses and cross he mentions)

Light Lucifall

Teheuti

I believe they are meant to represent the same roses and lilies as are found on the Hierophant card.