Herbs for healing from abuse

EnchantedFairyForest

I was verbally and mentally abused for 3 years. I never worked with herbs before and not sure on what to use for this. I've read some books about shamanism in the past but one part I've always been lost on was how to create herbs and blend them together. Is there anything that will help with abuse? Please reply to this topic, thank you.

PrincessPaulina

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, EnchantedFairyForest!
:love:

Could you describe some of the symptoms, or effects of the abusive behavior, which you want to alleviate?

For example, are you: depressed, anxious, angry?

EnchantedFairyForest

Sure I won't mind clearing that up at all.

As of right now I'm feeling very depression, anxious, paranoid, angry at times, worthlessness.

Anything that could help me find some relief would help me.

Glass Owl

I have found pink quartz very helpful for working through grief, pain, anger, and loss. It is gentle but powerful, especially when wearing it neaI the heart. It has a way of "liI found othting" the load and it is a very comforting, soothing.

When my daughter was having a lot of issues at school with taunting and bullying, I had her wear a large piece under her shirt and the results were noticeable the very first day.

You may also want to take a look at apache tears. I have found tiger's eye very useful for giving me a confidence boost but if I'm feeling moody I pair it with howlite.

PrincessPaulina

I agree with the Rose Quartz & Apache Tears!
Citrine is also very uplifting & positive (but you've got to be careful and find real Citrine, from a trusted source, because often other crystals are heat-treated and passed off as Citrine).
I would recommend a pendant, so the stone is around your heart Chakra; or a piece of Citrine in a Medicine Bag, over your Solar Plexus/ 3rd Chakra.

My daughter, a teenager, has some of the same issues you described -- she was never abused, but is having a very challenging transition to adulthood. She has also displayed anxiety, paranoia, anger & insecurity.

I am not a doctor; you may want to find a professional Herbalist -- I took my daughter to a Chinese herbalist doctor, it is relatively inexpensive, though the herbs are bitter and take a long time to cook.

But if you still want to try some things on your own, here are a few that have helped my daughter:
Herbal Teas
- St. John's Wort
- Dandelion
- Nettle
- Lavender

Essential Oils
- Jasmine
- Pikake
- Geranium
- Lavender
- Rose
- Vanillla
- Citruses (Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Lime)
- Bergamot

(I am always careful to buy the highest/Medicinal Quality herbs & oils, preferably organic, to make my own teas and oil blends)

EnchantedFairyForest

Essential Oils
- Jasmine
- Pikake
- Geranium
- Lavender
- Rose
- Vanillla
- Bergamot

Thanks for both of you're advice on what to use. On Essential Oils, do I use them in tea, on my body; I'm confused on how to use them to be honest. Since I'm a beginner in using herbs. I do own crystals however and plan on using them in the future. Usually I use incense oil and I use it as I meditate but I never used it for anything else. Have any suggestions on how else to use the Essential Oils?

stonesatiety

I would make sure someone who knows what s/he is doing guides you in the use of essential oils and herbs. Especially the oils are extremely concentrated and powerful, which is why they can be so effective. However, plant side effects can be harmful or fatal.

Stones, on the other hand, are safe. Your stones are ready to help you NOW! Why wait? Go get them out, hold whichever ones attract you, dream with them, talk with them. And you can still do the herbal stuff.

I'll bet you have at least one stone there right now who came in anticipation of your current need. The stones here did this for my cat. They were in position at least a year before he needed a place to recuperate from a nasty cat bite. It's such an unlikely place and combination of stones, I just laughed and thanked them.

And remember there are lots of people out here who love you just because. :)

PrincessPaulina

Essential Oils

- Jasmine

- Pikake

- Geranium

- Lavender

- Rose

- Vanillla

- Bergamot

Thanks for both of you're advice on what to use. On Essential Oils, do I use them in tea, on my body; I'm confused on how to use them to be honest. Since I'm a beginner in using herbs. I do own crystals however and plan on using them in the future. Usually I use incense oil and I use it as I meditate but I never used it for anything else. Have any suggestions on how else to use the Essential Oils?

Essential Oils can be used in different ways; either topically (on your body), burned in an Oil Burner/Diffuser, carried with you to sniff periodically, or consumed internally (in very diluted form).

For my daughter, I tend to diffuse the oil(s) in an Oil Burner, which has a bowl at the top that is filled with water, 10-15 drops of oil added to that, and a Tea Light candle placed in the bottom to heat the water (thereby dispersing the oil fragrance around the room).
You can see what an Oil Burner or Diffuser looks like on Google, Amazon & Ebay.

Using Essential Oils on your body is also effective, but you must keep in mind that they are very concentrated -- never put Essential Oils directly on your skin -- they must first be diluted in a "carrier oil", such as Jojoba or Avocado, or even Olive Oil, in a pinch. I usually pour about 1-2 teaspoons of the Carrier Oil into the palm of my hand, and add just 1-2 drops of the Essential Oil to that, then massage the mixture into the soles of my feet (fastest effect), palms, pressure points, or behind the ears.

Some people carry Essential Oils around with them in Smelling Salts:
http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Smelling-Salts
You can also buy perfume bottles -- I especially appreciate the small clay/ceramic ones that can easily be worn around one's neck, or carried in a purse or pocket (Perfume Bottles are unfortunately hard to find, but I've had some luck on Ebay).

Finally, most Essential Oils can be taken internally, by dropping 1 drop (2 drops MAX!) in a glass of water; I've used Lemon, Orange, Mint and Lavender in this way; Geranium and Violet would work as well.

These tips are really an intro to Essential Oils -- there's a ton of info online on blends, mixing proportions, the order of adding different types if oils, etc.
I recommend that you start with a few oils, a Carrier Oil, and a simple Diffuser -- and see where that takes you :)

rachelcat

I'm not an herb person, but I thought this might be of interest:

I drink Stash brand teas. They have the best Earl Grey (black tea with bergamot) ever! They have several lavender teas:

a lavender and tulsi herbal tea (I don't know what tulsi is . . .)
http://www.stashtea.com/Organic-Lav...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Christmas in Paris, which is an herbal tea with lavender, chocolate, and peppermint, and

Breakfast in Paris, which is black tea with lavender and bergamot
http://www.stashtea.com/s?defaultSearchTextValue=Search&searchKeywords=paris&Action=submit

These would be an easy way to get your lavender and bergamot in very pleasant (and safe) forms!

Good luck to you with your healing!

PrincessPaulina

I honestly think that there's enough reliable info out there, for a reasonable adult to safely experiment with basic herbs & oils!
In fact, I believe that utilizing the power of plants is our birthright as human beings on the planet Earth!

Its almost as if we've voluntarily given ALL of our Power away to Medical Doctors, Pharmaceuticals, and other professionals; we immediately assume that they necessarily know more about us, and our health, than we do; and we are afraid to try alternatives.

Sure, when I needed knee surgery, I went to a surgeon!
But do I really need a Medical Doctor's permission to brew some Nettle tea, or burn some Lavender in a diffuser?!

Here's a link to an excellent on-line reference on Essential Oils (including safety info):
http://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoils/default.asp#essentialoilprofiles