The Three S's of Cleansing

greatdane

I'm putting this thread here because one of them is scent. I am not saying this would work for every type of cleansing needs, but I have found scent, sound and salt have fixed anything for me so far. I have a wonderful sage spray that works well and smells really nice. I use a chime that the same friend got for me from Isabella, it's a simple little chime you can use before and after meditation, but I use it daily around my loft to clear out corners of any stagnant energy and, when in a new place, or something....strange...feels like it's lurking, salt in little bowls or cups in the corners (which I then toss after a few days, and little cupcake cups you line cupcake pans work well).
Anyone else use one or all of these as well?

Hemera

We had a nasty spirit in our old house (I think I wrote about it in Spirituality earlier but I can´t find it now..) and what helped was sea salt -together with my anger and determined intention to make it leave. I sprinkled sea salt to all corners of the house and we did a small ritual and that did it. I believe scent and sound would work just as well.

greatdane

WOW Hemera!

Thank you for sharing that. I love salt. I think it hearkens back to my carpatho-rusyn roots, but I think it's used in many cultures, many countries. Sea salt as a cleansing agent I find powerful. For just kind of refreshing and getting rid of stagnant energy in my loft, which has SO many angles and nooks, I have been using sound and a smudge spray (burning sage can choke me up a bit and I find this spray really lovely and clearing and uplifting). If I felt I had a strong energy, I would DEFINITELY be bringing out the salt again! For "Spring" cleansing, once a year, whether I feel anything strong or not, I think it can't hurt to put salt in the corners for a few days. I then take it and toss it out and I think it just "lightens" the area.

PrincessPaulina

What kind of salt do you use -- the grocery store sea salt used for cooking?
Or something more "fancy"?

greatdane

PincessPaulina

I personally just use any sea salt, I have even used regular salt for massive cleansings. It seems the salt, even if not sea salt, works. At least it has for me. My preference would be sea salt, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I would be interested in Hemera's thoughts!

Briar Rose

I was told black salt is excellent for getting rid of negative energy.

Hemera

I personally just use any sea salt, I have even used regular salt for massive cleansings. It seems the salt, even if not sea salt, works. At least it has for me. My preference would be sea salt, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I would be interested in Hemera's thoughts!
I agree. It doesn´t really matter what kind of salt it is. I usually use sea salt. Oh, black salt would be interesting.

Actually..to tell you the truth..I think I could have been throwing confetti around the house last year and still been able to banish the evil spirit just because my intention and anger were so great!
It is a long story but the last straw was when it tried to harm my daughter. We have a Stone Age axe we found nearby (it basically looks like a flat a stone but has been verified as a Stone Age axe by a museum researcher)..anyway, it is sitting on a shelf and one day it flew from the shelf and passed my daughter´s head by inches. That was the last incident in a chain of events including exploding light bulbs, noises, sightings and the like. After the banishing with sea salt peace was returned and we have not seen or heard the spirit since.