Gilded Tarot - 79th Card

lunakasha

My 79th Card

Here (again) is my 79th card.....apparently my post was lost during the hacking episode earlier this week. :eek:

I would like to thank Ciro for taking my suggestions and creating such an incredibly personal, meaningful card for me. Although I had a vague idea of what I wanted it to look like, the reality was even more perfect than I had imagined it would be....

:) Luna

Attachments

• 79thcard.jpg
    79thcard.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 253

janstar17

Luna...what a great 79th card!! How special that is to have a piece of a deck to be so yours! ENJOY...

Mimers

I finally found the picture of my Dad that I was talking about. Not in the best shape, but boy did the memories come flooding back. Funny that I found it today, the same day my deck arrived in the mail.

Mimi

Mimers said:
I know what I would use. There is a picture I have of my Father about a year before he passed away. He had cancer and was in remission, so he set out to do as much as he could while he was able. It was the summer of 1976 and we went hiking up this mountain in the Hudson Valley called Anthony's Nose.

The picture is of my Father at the top of the mountain looking out over the beautiful view. My Mom took a picture. I remember this moment because he started to cry. I asked him why he was crying and he told me, "Mimi, I thought I would never see this again" (per the doctors, he should have been dead already)

Whenever I think life sucks, this image pops into my head and helps me realize life is not so bad and to live each day to the fullest. At the bottom of the card it would read, "Capture All the Joys of Life"

Mimi

Mimers

Mimers said:
I finally found the picture of my Dad that I was talking about. Not in the best shape, but boy did the memories come flooding back. Funny that I found it today, the same day my deck arrived in the mail.

Mimi

Ooops, silly me :|

Attachments

• jq.jpg
    jq.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 218

janstar17

Such a connection you have now to the deck!! I bet it's a good sign that the deck will be very good to you.

The 78th Fool

When I ordered my deck, I wanted more than anything else that the 79th card should say something about Ciro and/or how he saw the Gilded Tarot. When he asked me what I wanted on the card therefore, my answer was 'whatever YOU want'.

I was really thrilled when I opened the deck. The 79th card contained no picture, but a simple quote which for me sums the whole deck up in a nutshell. He couldn't have made a better choice. I've attached a scan below.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 79th cardforchris.jpg
    79th cardforchris.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 235

Mimers

That is really cool Chris! I like that quote, and I like your way of picking the card.

Very special.

Jpoor

I ordered the phrase "Heart of Darkness, Eyes of Light, revealing the mystery of the night." for my 79th card. I added the secong half after the first just popped into my head one day. I think the addition makes it seem less dark.

Jim

Tarot Boy

Wow, the 79th card... If I could make the 79th card for my deck, I would have it be a Major Arcana card. It would be called 'The Reflection.' The card would be a depiction of a glass-smooth lake, and a little boy playing in the water, but his reflection is that of a girl. If reversed, the card would be a depiction of a girl standing in the water, and her reflection is that of a boy. The boy would be shown smiling and generally more carefree than the thoughtful look of the girl, who is afraid of the water. Everything else is perfectly reflected and you can't tell which one is the real thing or the reflection.

'The Reflection' would indicate a few things. Without using reversals, the card itself would mean:

1- The past is coming back in a disguised form. This could be an old friend, or even a letter from an old friend is on its way. Or possibly a dark secret coming back to haunt you. A fear? A family issue? Be true to yourself in the beginning so that the past does not keep you chained from your future.

If using reversals, the card could mean two different things:

1- If the boy is on top, and the girl is the reflection, it shows that you have an active outer shell, but have something hidden inside. You are holding a secret that you hide with every inch of your body. You are an upfront person and people generally go to you for advice. The boy sees the reflection in the water, which shows who he really is inside - a scared person...
2- If the girl is on top, you are acting like something or someone than yourself. You are trying to impress someone, and will end up getting hurt. This could also mean that you are fearing something that is inside of yourself... The girl is not afraid of the water, but rather what she sees in its reflection. She sees someone - a person she never thought she was, waiting to show himself to the world, but the girl's fear is keeping that from happening.

The Reflection acts as your conscience, telling you who you really are INSIDE should be who you present yourself to other people... it could be a sign that you aren't true to yourself. Continuing to do so could keep you from growing as much as you are capable of.

satinangel

Tarot Boy ~ Thank you for sharing...what an amazing idea!