Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 4 - #124

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 4
Number: 124

Symbol: A MAN FORMALLY DRESSED STANDS NEAR TROPHIES HE BROUGHT BACK FROM A HUNTING EXPEDITION.

MCsea

Jones Key Word: Morale
Jane Ridder-Patrick: Left carotid artery
Crystal : Hornblende Hornblende is a general term applied to common opaque black amphiboles. Hornblende promotes seriousness, authority, cooperation and zeal. Orion Diana (hunter) energy.

I think this symbol in one way deals with instinctively fulfilling emotional, physical and survival needs. It is a symbol of adventure, considering I feel in these modern times hunting can mean PHOTOGRAPHY, bird watching and fishing. I think people with this symbol in their chart are very motivational.
Brotherhood is also important in this symbol.. men hunt in groups ;) OK for the feminine we go SHOPPING - hunting for a bargain and we often do this in groups too!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 280

tink27

Looking at this symbol and purple_scorp’s wonderful image, I may have rambled a bit too long here….

“Imagine, the thrill of the hunt….never knowing quite sure whether I was the hunter or the hunted”, this man says, proudly, eyes sparkling, showing off his deadly-looking trophies! Color floods his face….bursting and swelling with pride, this man remembers the trials he did in life…..but I can’t help but wonder, what lies beyond it? True he boasts he hunted bravely and well…..constantly trying to conquer his elusive animal nature…..ridding ‘his world’ of offensive things????

Hmm trying…are they still lurking behind every bush…pursuing him as he did them? Just the thought makes me slink away, those teeth, those eyes, those claws, peering back at me. Nose to nose, eek!! It’s true! What we give our attention to, brings it back to life!

Gathering around his trophies with others, I feel a tingle of awe spread through my body. Never, ever would I hunt an animal except to photograph or study its behavior…..even that thought revs up my adrenalines…oh the taste of excitement…plunging in….taking risks…leaving the security of my home….a woman running wild!! The intensity of this thought actually frightens me. Am I the huntress or the prey?

My social upbringing and how I dress and present myself to the world makes me slam on the brakes! My mind cries out ‘ don’t choose something just because it offers you the opportunity for the dramaticsor for high esteem!!

Oh! I need time, time to absorb, to digest, to ponder. I feel the arms of my past, my family, my home, my foundation, my security, some comforting, some holding me firmly….although deep within the thrill of the hunt, lingers….the heat intense……but time keeps ticking.

Are these old times this man is relishing, remembering and sharing with others. Was it then he could perform such feats…are they gone now…an essence of what once was? Has he given up the hunt or has he encountered obstacles from the past that are stronger than he?

tink

tink27

Part of Body: Left carotid artery

This site definitely explains and shows the left and right carotid arteries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_carotid_artery

There are two carotid arteries. The left and right carotid artery goes up each side of our neck and carries blood to the brain. They run next to our inner ear as well as the optic nerve. The left carotid artery and the left hemisphere of the brain represent areas of our language and verbal communication.

Therefore this man would be stimulating his memory, stating facts and articulating his hunting expeditions in an organized and very detailed way. Being keenly aware of the impression he wants to create and who he wants to impress, he dresses up his mind and body for the occasion.

tink

MCsea

Leo 4
Birthdays: July 25th–27th
Numerology: 124
Sabian Symbol: A formally-dressed man with his hunting trophies
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Morale
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Left carotid artery
Crystal Element: Hornblende
Expression: Hornblende is a term applied to common, opaque, black amphiboles. Hornblende promotes seriousness, authority, cooperation and zeal. Orion energy.
Message: Instinctive fulfilment of emotional, physical and survival needs.
Sun Focus: An adventurer, you enjoy risky activities and motivate others to accomplish their goals.
Affirmation: With confidence and purpose I seek out like-minded, successful people.