7 Pentacles Birth or Death ?

ArcanoMáximo

What would you say?

The separated Pentacles is entering to the "field of the souls" or to the "physical world"?

The intermediary being is cutting the umbilical cord ?

or the silver cord?

Is the Fish in the Cup of the Page of Cups ?

or the Ship in the 3 of Wands?

Attachments

• 7 Pentacles.jpg
    7 Pentacles.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,092

PlatinumDove

I would say death, since the pent was with a large group of other pents, and now is alone. But, perhaps not physical death, maybe its an ostracizing of a person from a group of friends or something similar.

If it were birth, wouldn't it be *joining* the others?

RChMI

The card's title is "Lord of Success Unfufilled," and is attributed to Saturn in Taurus. Taurus has to do with obligation and with physical labours, while Saturn is related to time as Kronos.

The man or "gardener," has stopped his efforts with the pantacles and is in a state of absorbtion or contemplation as to the pentacle mound. If the pantacles were viewed as a living growth, much like a pumpkin, then he might be wondering whether to leave the lone pantacle where it is, or transplant it with the others. In one case, the lone pantacle might not survive on its own. In another case, if moved and incorporated into the pentacle mound, it might be "strangled" by the other roots.

The overall shape of the pantacles on the mound resemble that of the Sephiroth on the right side and center of the Tree of Life (Kether, Tiphareth, and Yesod in the center - Chokmah, Chesed, and Netzach on the right.) The lone pantacle could be said to be Malkuth, or quite possibly Daath.

tarobones

a newbie's question

Please forgive my ignorance, but where is the title "Lord of Success Unfulfilled" derived? I have the Universal Rider Waite, and don't see anything about card titles. Thank you ahead of time for any information. BB, Michael

Fulgour

RChMI said:
The card's title is "Lord of Success Unfufilled," and is attributed to Saturn in Taurus.
Hi :) I think you want the Thoth Study Group.

RChMI

Fulgour said:
Hi :) I think you want the Thoth Study Group.
That was the title attributed by Mathers, which was the basis for the structure and imagery for Waite's deck. Waite used many of Mathers' card titles outright, and with others he altered or "Waite-ified" them. Mathers' title was for 7 of Pentacles was "lLord of Success Unfulfilled," which Waite made into "Cause for anxiety regarding money."

Crowley titled his 7 of Disks as "Failure."

tarobones

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I'll check out Mathers. BB, Michael

Fulgour

Book T for Two

ArcanoMáximo said:
What would you say? The separated Pentacles is entering to the "field of the souls" or to the "physical world"?
The "Rider Waite Smith Study Group" is being
turned into a Golden Dawn Forum ~ again...

Why can't we have anything like that placed
in the Spirituality Forum and not here instead?

Does anyone look at the cards or just read the
silly old notes (hardly books) of a few odd guys?

The 7 of Pentacles - SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - just fine!

Arcano... don't you have a garden, with plants
ripening at different times? That's the "picture"
we have, with the message to wait a bit longer
for all the plants to ripen before harvesting. :)