The iTongo Tarot from South Africa

AJ

Here are two majors and a card from each suit.
By the way, to balance those keywords we don't like, the borders have a lovely sheen to them, very nice.

Attachments

• iTongo Fool 10 Coins Tower 001.jpg
    iTongo Fool 10 Coins Tower 001.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 109
  • Itongo Tarot 7 of Wands 3 of Swords Queen cups.jpg
    Itongo Tarot 7 of Wands 3 of Swords Queen cups.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 128

Kissa

Thanks AJ!!! Keywords? Don't like keywords? Who here doesn't like keywords?? LOL

Just as I opened your pics, this came from the radio. Not South African but close enough to make me smile at the coincidence.

IheartTarot

I had just opened my box to look at a card (The Magician) when I spied your thread. :surprise:

You are putting me to shame now, as I have not spent that much time on the deck yet. :|

I am using the deck mostly for educational purposes. I have lived in South Africa most of my life and sadly know very little about indigenous African culture, growing up under apartheid and then being stuck on the work treadmill for most of my life since. I also want to connect more with my European ancestry and culture so I have a lot of ground to cover. :neutral:

Kissa

IheartTarot, spy all you want, my dear! And please feel free to share your take on this still very rare deck, whatever your motivation were/are when you started using it :)

IheartTarot

IheartTarot, spy all you want, my dear! And please feel free to share your take on this still very rare deck, whatever your motivation were/are when you started using it :)

Thanks Kissa! :love:

hunter

What an interesting deck! I'm always drawn to nature deck and wide decks. What is the card stock like?

I know I'm not buying the deck, but it does interest me to know more about it...just because...it looks...like a needed addition to what is currently available :-0

IheartTarot

What is the card stock like?

The card stock is excellent. The only possible criticism I have of the card quality is that the corner rounding is not very smooth.

rwcarter

I bought this at BATS last weekend, directly from Tarot Media Company. At first I dithered over the price (I'd already spent so much), but on the second day, I marched right up to the table, bought it and it was mine. The art style really isn't me, but something about the set called to me. I haven't had time to play with it (and likely won't for awhile), but I definitely look forward to getting to know the deck and understand the stories behind the cards.

Rodney

AJ

I think the only deck I've spent more on was the Ma'at and that turned out to be such a dissappointment..but this seemed such a 'real people' true to life deck I swallowed the scream and bought it. I love it. It's worth ten of the 'flavor of the week' cartoon art decks.