The Alchemist's Star

Lamprolamia

Hello, I am new to this forum. I kind of joined just to ask about this particular spread.

It's not a spread you see too often, the eight pointed alchemist's star, and the reason for that is because it is a spread to be used only once in a lifetime to determine character, ideal situations and goals, and past life influences.

I have been told to use it only once and not use it lightly. However, I have a nagging memory that I did, in fact, draw this spread for myself about a decade ago when I was still a teen and didn't know the Wheel of Fortune from a hole in the ground.

So, my question is this. Do you think that I can draw this spread again and get an accurate and trustworthy read, or do you suppose I will get unreliable results because of my dabbling past? Any pointers on using the alchemist's star would be most welcome.

EDIT: And I put it in the wrong damn subforum. Stupid newbie. Sorry, guys.

saricchella

I'm a newbie too, so don't take my advice too seriously... but I would do it again. We are always changing, and I think ten years is enough time to reevaluate some of the things that can come up in this spread. The same with past life influences: maybe in that moment of your life the influence that appeared was the predominant, or the one you needed to develop. Once that lesson is learned, your previous lives may have something else for you!
That's my opinion, anyway.

For lifelong cards I use the tarot constellations by Mary K. Greer, whose system is based on numerology, and I like it a lot. You may also want to take a look at it!

Good reading, and welcome!

AJ

It's not a spread you see too often, the eight pointed alchemist's star, and the reason for that is because it is a spread to be used only once in a lifetime to determine character, ideal situations and goals, and past life influences.

Who said? You may learn to enjoy using your cards much more, if you forget about "they said".

Welcome to AT, we love new members

Hemera

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot Lamprolamia :)

I´d definitely ignore the "use only once" part and focus on the "not to use lightly" , which means I might invent a small ritual around it, spend time with it, take notes of the reading and my thoughts about it etc.

Have you got the spread? I´d love to add the spread to our Tarot Spreads Index (-unless it is there already. Have to go check..)