Interpretation of spread from Gerd Ziegler's book?

Gretchen

Interpretation of spread from Gert Ziegler's book?

I'm seeking help with a spread that I found in Gert Ziegler's book on Thoth tarot. The spread seemed to fit my present situation as it aims to clarify what is 'really' the matter.

I'll offer you a bit of context before I lay out the four card spread that I hope to get a better grasp on.

The thing is that I've worked quite intensely these past months to actually have a lovelife after a number of years being very single (I'm female at 41). This means Tinder, going on dates, a bit of fun, a bit of worry and basically a lot of work - not at least with myself to overcome fears and selfdoubt.

The specific context is some kind of worry and confusion following a trip abroad very recently where I had a short affair which I would describe as a bittersweet experience. The point is that I end up scrutinizing myself if I should have followed through or not. I didn't get quite the closure, I wished for. Basically the question is what I want and need the most when it comes to love, sex and intimate relations. Should I adhere to my normally very cautious self or listen to my longing and lust for new experiences...

Here's the spread:

--------1-----------

2------------------- 3

----------4-----------

Card: 2 of Cups - Love
Question: Show the actual theme which is really of concern to you at the moment. What is really going on? What is the basic question?
Interpretation: It is about wanting love and intimate relations, clearly, but also concerning the love relation to myself. This is just stating the obvious, so I'm not sure what more to make of 2 of Cups at this time.

2:
Card: The Devil
Question: What are you receptive and open to? Which people, energies and events are you attracting?
Interpretation: I guess this could go several ways - that I attract sexual and/or dark energies and perhaps should take better care of myself or perhaps a call out to me to be more honest with myself in terms of what I really want sexually. Perhaps The Devil represents my foreign fling - he was in a dark place personally and his zodiac sign is Capricorn which is related to Thoth's The Devil from what I understand.

Card: The Priestess
Question: What are you expressing and showing of yourself outwardly? What is your effect on others? How do you influence your environment?
Interpretation: In this specific case I guess I brought this guy calmness, and even soothing and healing. And I guess it's true that I can come of - and perhaps I am - mysterious.

Card: Ace of Disks
Question: Shows the answer, the key. It points a way in which to overcome the problem actively, or suggest a way around or out of it. Negative cards in this position indicate the possible end of a negative condition or attitude.
Interpretation: I'm not sure what to make of Ace of Disks but I'm pretty sure it is is strongly connected to 2 of Cups.

To me it seems like quite a strong spread, so wise and sound analysis is much appreciated! Thank you.

Awakened Queen

The 2 of Cups is telling me that you are looking to emotionally connect to somebody. You are seeking love, intimacy, and that comfortable feeling between two people who enjoy being together.

The Devil is telling me that you feel sexual and you want to be desired. You're open to somebody lusting after you. You like sex to be primal and uninhibited. I think you can easily separate love from sex.

The Priestess is telling me that you may have a mysterious air about you. Even some of your closest friends don't know the real you. You only show people what you want them to see. You may be slightly closed off.

Ace of Disks is the seed of the suit of Disks. This is a new beginning for you in regards to relationships. The Universe wants you to plant a seed and set an intention. But before you do that, you have to figure out what you want. All you have to do is write down what you are looking for in a partner/relationship, then stash the piece of paper away. You will manifest the relationship you want this way ;)

Gretchen

The 2 of Cups is telling me that you are looking to emotionally connect to somebody. You are seeking love, intimacy, and that comfortable feeling between two people who enjoy being together.

The Devil is telling me that you feel sexual and you want to be desired. You're open to somebody lusting after you. You like sex to be primal and uninhibited. I think you can easily separate love from sex.

The Priestess is telling me that you may have a mysterious air about you. Even some of your closest friends don't know the real you. You only show people what you want them to see. You may be slightly closed off.

Ace of Disks is the seed of the suit of Disks. This is a new beginning for you in regards to relationships. The Universe wants you to plant a seed and set an intention. But before you do that, you have to figure out what you want. All you have to do is write down what you are looking for in a partner/relationship, then stash the piece of paper away. You will manifest the relationship you want this way ;)

Hi Awakened Queen. Thank you for response. Much appreciated!

I have a few comments.

Ad Devil: True enough that I'm quite keen on having more physical intimacy ;-) but I can't easily separate love from sex. That's why my short affair came of as bittersweet on my part as I wanted contact and he stopped responding. But perhaps the truth is that I really want sex - uninhibited, yes, please - and emotional intimacy too. I guess there's a whole lot more to be said about The Devil in this position.

Ace of Disks: Thanks for this. Will def. look into this and try it out. I also think that what I really need is to be honest to myself as to what I really want - or at least take a close look at my ambivalences towards love, sex and relationships. I want it all and sometimes nothing too.

I'm also looking for insights for the spread as a whole. Thank you.

Awakened Queen

Hi Awakened Queen. Thank you for response. Much appreciated!

I have a few comments.

Ad Devil: True enough that I'm quite keen on having more physical intimacy ;-) but I can't easily separate love from sex. That's why my short affair came of as bittersweet on my part as I wanted contact and he stopped responding. But perhaps the truth is that I really want intimacy - unhibited - and emotional intimacy too. But I guess there's a whole lot more to be said on this card in this position.

Ace of Disks: Thanks for this. Will def. look into this and try it out. I also think that what I really need is to behonest to myself as to what I really want - or at least take a close look at my ambivalences towards love, sex and relationsships. I want it all and sometimes nothing too.

I'm also looking for insights for the spread as a whole.

Then the Devil in that position could be saying that you are looking for a strong, unbreakable bond with somebody.

There are no swords in this spread, so it could be a message that you need to use more logic and less emotions to find a stable relationship. And there are no wands, so maybe you're repressing that sexual side of yourself to some extent, but the Devil (your sex drive/lust) is creeping in, which is why you had the affair in the first place.

Gretchen

Then the Devil in that position could be saying that you are looking for a strong, unbreakable bond with somebody.

There are no swords in this spread, so it could be a message that you need to use more logic and less emotions to find a stable relationship. And there are no wands, so maybe you're repressing that sexual side of yourself to some extent, but the Devil (your sex drive/lust) is creeping in, which is why you had the affair in the first place.

Hi again! It is actually quite true that I've been repressing my sexual side in a number of years until just recently and having the affair - my lust just took over. That's not either good or bad, or something that I necessarily should or shouldn't do again. It just shows that lust needs space in my life as for anybody else. But I think I'm actually getting a little closer to what I want. Pure lust and strong bonds too. From your advice about planting a seed and so forth I did some more research on Ace of Disks yesterday, and I actually get it now and it really makes sense in my situation. It is all about materializing the intention or potential and then wait for fruition and things will flourish and probably also last in the long run - which is what I really want. Thanks again.