THOTH - WHAT THE UNIVERSE CARD HAS TO TEACH ME?

Beira

Lovely card, Barleywine, and I definitely agree that, by the lapse of time and the action of memory (don't remember the exact word) it is possible to actually grow.
I envision time as a spring (like the ones in the bed I mean), since the circle does not close, but continues on another "level".
I think that your image of the spiralling galaxy is spot on, if a bit photographic for my funky taste.
I have not much clear how you split the meanings, tho...
The Universe remains a new beginning but the 23rd trump shows the "step" that takes from one level to the next while in the process of completition / new beginning?
I see you have taken care of the elements, even tho I don't understand the triangle with the point in the middle..
And the Unicursal Hexagram? Does it stands for Thelema?
I apologize for taking so long to properly comment on your card, but I am reading my Thoth Tarot at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in the mornings (its my city!) plus work my normal job the evenings..
Its the buziest three weeks of the year, pls forgive me.

Beira

How do I give form and structure to my potential?

Atu XI Lust (but I consider it 8. My own humble opinion, but I state it here since it does affect the reading)
8 of Disks Prudence Tiphareth in Assiah, Sol in Virgo (which is the decanate I mistakenly attributed to the last main card!!! SINCRONICITY!)
6 of Wands

We have a very Earthy card (by suit and Virgo attribution) surrounded by two fires, one Major.
I see a very likely risk of dryness, and I would say desertification.

If we look at the other question's draw and this one we have three cards related to 8, two to 6, and the Queen.
I see the Lust card as 8, it makes just sense to me, and my brain goes that way..
Obviously I would read Adjustment as 11..
Maybe its because I first learned with a RWS.. but maybe no, since I have no quibbles with the court rearrangements..

Right..
I think that this 8 of Disks is showing me the (small) fruits that I am starting to get toward the healing of my emotional blockages. But they are not ripen yet, they need their time to fully develop, and protection.
The everyday issues with my family in Italy heve been put to compost and have fertilized my emotions (even if sometimes negative ones).
Modifiers: 6 of Wands
On one side my tendence to be "mystical" and truly stop bothering about things that I can't change is seen as selfishness and indifference. In this situation it is bringing dryness, from which the fruits of the 8 must be protected.. How? I can't force myself into getting mad for my family's audience benefit. No.
I should aim to assert my care without discarding my spiritual atteinments (that are part of me and quite impossible to set aside)
Modifiers Lust
This is confirmed by the presence of Lust.
I am quite happy with what I am, don't have great desires to lust after, and I have very well learnt the lesson of not having lust of results. What I do, I do for the growth it brings, if it does, or I just enjoy the process.
The situation with my daughter and the people who are bringing her up is the one place where this has not brought good results. Again, I won't deny my spiritual path because people don't understand me, but I really need to sort things out with them...
I feel I owe it to my daughter Kiara, who wasn't the one asking to be put in this imperfect (and illusional) world..
And we are bk at the 8 Of Disks.. AC says that it represents the husbandsman that has sowed and waits for the crop to get ripe.. there is nothing noble in it.
Same in my position: there is nothing noble in what it will take, but it is necessary that I have these people see me for who I am, as i am coming through as cold and selfish and I don't feel I am being that.
Because I overcontrol my emotions. On one side on a quest for equilibrium and spiritual attainment, on the other out of old bad habits of shutting down my emotions to avoid sorrow.

Answer
I give form and structure to my potential by using the compost of last draw to fertilize my emotions and let them be expressed. I need to protect them and give them their time to ripen. I must bs careful not the loose the whole picture going after too many details.
These fruit won't be that big of a pay off, but their progress is steady.
The biggest risk is that my controlled emotions and my quest for equilibrium get overdone and mistakenly taken for indifference towards my daughter..

An aftertought. Hod (8) is at the base of the Pillar of Severity, that is so called because it restrains the energies into forms. The question was about forms and all these 8 related cards came up.. uhm..
It is at the lowest level (of the Pillar of Severity), the most practical one, that I have to give form and structure to my potential.. through dialogue I would say (sphere of Mercury)...
I am no great expert in Quabalah, but I think I have found my sealegs, so I try what I can. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Barleywine, you were making connections btween Sol in Virgo and in Scorpio when I misread the Scorpio glypb in the first question..
I see sincronicity here, but haven't worked out what it means yet..
Anyone help?

Beira

What experience would proof really encompassing for me?

4 of Disks Completion
Modifiers:
Atu XXI The Universe, Ace of Cups

First, let's not forget that all of these readings have started as me asking wisdom to the energies of the Universe Card. We can consider it as our significator, because we are asking about its deep meanings and the knowledge it has for us to pick out.
So it's appearing is a bit like it's saying: here, all we have said up till now is related, I came out randomly, so this is what I have for you this time round.

These three reading in this thread have been mostly related to a situation in my country of origin, that needs to be sorted for me to fulfill my maternal role (over which I have worked so hard for so long), and this is actually very much a proper end of a cycle, a chapter in my life. This is what the card has to teach me in this period.

But let's take a proper look at this draw.
The four of Wands is called completition, which is one of the keywords for Universe, that here appears as modificator (and as significator too).
I see this as a highlighting that in this moment of my life, the Universe wants me to see it in its aspect of completition; it focuses my attention over completing what I have started, reap some harvest from what I sewed.
The other modifier, the Ace of Cups, tells me that this particular thing I am completing will be the opening of a new, fresh source of love, emotions.
I cannot not relate that with this issue of getting to start my visits to my daughter, and that will open up a lot both emotionally and practically.
I had made the first readings more of a study, but sometimes my spirit guides dont let me fiddle with my own spiritual attainment when there is something urgent to take care of on the phisical plane and I think this is the case.
This is a very intuitive reading, maybe influenced from my toughts in this period.. but still it is a mirror and I enjoying knowing myself as good as I can.

Let's see if I can justify it also teoretically, or if there is something that I am keeping myself from seeing..

The 4 of Wands is Chesed in the Archetipal world. Someone describes it as being convinced of being the real king, unaware of the Supernal Triad that created it.
And another thing that is evident, and original to the Thoth from previous tradition, is the inscribing of the wands in a circle. As to limit their ray of action.
I think I have read somewhere about the circle representing the border, the extent of our will in this manifestation. The circle is there to put a stop to the idea of Chesed (that doesn't know it has been created by the Supernal, and thinks to be the Source of everything) to perfect its Will.
There is no point in trying to perfect the will at Chesed level.
That is something that got stated before the Abyss.
All is feasable, and indeed useful, in Cheshed is to develop as good as we can the will we already have.
In my case, maybe it refers to the attitude that I should start to take: as saying that now I am really ready, and starting getting annoyed of the delays (instead of being glad to have a bit more time to better prepare).
And in this new moon I am starting planning to do something, here in the assiah plane, to stop these delays.
Venus in Aries is mentioned by AC as the necessity of tact in our GW.
Indeed I will act with a lot of tact to prepare the field to eventual legal action.

So my answer is that indeed the experience that would really prove encompassing and fulfilling, in a developmental way as the Universe card expresses, would be starting the visits to mg daughter.
I will need to get down to earth and start taking action to show my will and fullfill it. That will open up a whole new world (the Ace) as for emotions and love and will spark a new phase in my life.

Barleywine

I have not much clear how you split the meanings, tho...

The Universe remains a new beginning but the 23rd trump shows the "step" that takes from one level to the next while in the process of completition / new beginning?

I see you have taken care of the elements, even tho I don't understand the triangle with the point in the middle.

And the Unicursal Hexagram? Does it stands for Thelema?

Yes, it's a "step change" or a "phase change." The Universe is still tied into what I call the "Earthly archetypes," it returns to the Fool on the next go-round, whereas "ascending the spiral" would enter a new dimension. Either the Starship Enterprise or the Twilight Zone, take your pick. I have no idea what to do with this, I just like playing around with these ideas and I had a couple of blank cards to work with.

The elemental symbols came from one of my astrology software programs; by process of elimination, the triangle with the dot would be Fire.

Somewhere I read that the Unicursal Hexagram incorporates the four classical elements and Spirit, but I forget where.

Beira

The idea does make sense, even if I don't know where to go with it either..
Have you ever used the card in any spread? How does it work in a reading?
As for the title, I prefer by far Twilight Zone, or also Cosmic Twilight, or Cosmic Warp.. as long as we remaining on smthg that is created by nature and not mankind/other creatures.
As for the number, why do you call it 23? I mean, do you number the Fool 22? If we number the Fool as 0 this would actually be Atu 22, that would connect it to the constellation of the Fours: Emperor, Death, Chesed..
As for the attributions, in your explanation gives your card an all encompassing elemental attributions, but what of planet and sign, and Quabalah?
It will bring havoc in the equilibrium and balance of the majors.. thats for sure!

And hey!!!
What do you think of my readings here? I have half a mind to put them together in a 9 cards spread.. but gou are the master there...
I was thinking to fix a Wisdom Reading spread over the meanings of the Universe Card, maybe keeping the idea to pull so many cards until the Universe shows up (as when you stop counting and pairing in the OOTK..)
I like leaving the deck decide how many cards to read, and I like positional dignifications as well (Grand Tableau style..)
What do you think?
Qe could also make the spread over your own card, if u think it fits my case better (and explain why��) :)

Shame... I cannot use smiles..