a question about the fool's dog, help please!!!

ArcanoMáximo

And now presenting the ArcanoMáximo's Show: "REDISCOVERING YOUR DOG RELATIVES"

And after a deep investigation we are able to give information about the true parents of Mr. The Fool's doggy. Seemingly would be confirmed the rumors that he would be son of the stealthy encounter of a dog and a wolf crawled by the charm of the love during a clear night of full moon.

http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj18.jpg

In the appearance of the animal it would be the evidence, but the parents declined to make any type of declarations cause they are divorced since the mother was unfaithful to the father with a lobster (hugh, what a taste!...)

At the same time the show production was also able to encounter the children of the dog, which don't want to know anything from him according with their current economic good position that would prevent them to come closer to any type of vagabond dog. They pointed out their intention of never forgive him by have abandoned them when small just only to follow "that stupid
Fool"( textual words!!!oh, sorry, i meant textual "barks")

http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/pents10.jpg

And until here today's report. Will be appreciated any extra information that you can contribute communicating with the production to the address that appears in the screen.

From here ArcanoMáximo saying goodbye and wishing you a very good night!
:cool:

psychic sue

I think the dog tells us to trust our instincts - I always see the fool as a childlike figure - but his innocence actually gives him great wisdom. As children our intuition is strong, but as we grow older logic takes over. The fool has no such barriers to his intuition - sometimes this is a good thing - but sometimes it leads him to dance straight over that cliff (rx).

Sue x

michellemd

I see the dog as a faithful companion in life, maybe even a dog. But someone is warning the Fool of the dangers that lie ahead. The fool is ready to walk off the cliff without a second thought, and this dog is warning him to be careful.

Evitan

The dog

First I Thought he was warning the fool. Then I red Eliphias Levi's book, there he talks of a tiger, biting the fool. I saw some very old cards on the internet, some with tigers, one with a dog biting... Animals represented our lower instincts, Hermetic texts say that the first man-spirit came down to earth becouse he fell in love with the earth and it's pleasures.
So I think the dog(tiger) stands for our love for eartly pleasures, throwing us down to earth. In order to know the Higher, we must now become master of those feelings. This is something that is misunderstood a lot.
Controlling your emotions, desires and instincts is NOT the same as throwing them away. It is the most difficult and important thing to do.
A real life example:
An alcoholic wants to stop drinking.
He has 2 choises:
1 - Don't go to cafe's, bars..., let go of his drinking buddy's..Don't keep booze in the house.
2 - Go to those bar's, cafe's, meet his friends but don't get drunk. Keep some beer and wine for visitors in the house.
The difference might be hard to see, but in the first case, he won't really have concured his desires, he just burried them.
You can do 2 things if your dog bites you. Chain him up in a cage and be afraid of him, or show him who's master, and train him (and afther that, enjoy his compagnie).
Archetype of the dog: Mr Spock :)

stella01904

MM ~ Excellent points, and isn't Levi something? :D

On some of the Marseilles decks, the dog looks more like a tiger, or at least a tabby-stripe cat.

I had a friend who quit drinking and put a six pack of Bud in plain sight in the living room - just left it there for years. There is much to be said for this kind of thinking.
BB, Stella

StLouisTarot

I'm new to this but let me give this a try.

The dog, in my opinion, represents that still small voice that each of us has. It speaks to us when we are about to do something that isnt the best for us or tells us to look before we leap. ( the dog is barking, and what do we tell our dogs to do when we teach them to bark on command? Speak!) Also, dog is considered mans best friend.( we often listen to our best friends when they advise us) So if this dog represents our inner voice that inner voice should be our best friend and we should stop and listen before we make our next move.

Just my opinion, Im new at this and could be wrong.

Cyndi

a_shikhs

StLouisTarot said:
The dog, in my opinion, represents that still small voice that each of us has. It speaks to us when we are about to do something that isnt the best for us or tells us to look before we leap.

I totally agree with you.. The dog is our inner voice guiding us and helping us when we go wrong somewhere. But it totally depends upon us to listen to our inner voice.. :)

JoyousGirl

It's been a few years since anyone's posted on this, but I'm going to throw my 2 bobs worth in.

I agree with the dog being a warning, lord knows they bark when someone arrives at the house, and they are intuitive little angels that seem to know and feel so much.

There's also the other side of the image of the dog in the card: anyone who has a dog knows that they can get very excited before going out on a walk and jump about like this. This doggy could on one day be jumping or nipping to provide a warning, and on the next be dancing about thrilled to bits to go out exploring and discovering new things in the world.

ravenest

Symbolic of totemic protective energies.

Us Fools don't get away with it by sheer chance or good luck ... there are unseen forces at work.

Give some jobs to 'them' and we don't have to concentrate on everything else so much (we can walk around with half our heads in the 'otherworld' ;) )

zhan.thay

Maybe the dog is saving the Fool from a precipitous downfall or maybe, as I read once, it is the dog of conventionality hindering the Fool from being open to wider possibilities.