OshoZen 5 of Rainbows (Pents)

squeakmo9

5 of Rainbows ~The Outsider~

Recently in my tarot studies, issues surrounding being ignored/neglected as a kid have come up, to my surprise. I thought it interesting how a parent's treatment of me is similar to how I've been treating myself since becoming an adult. I never truly grasped this passing of the baton, as it were, from my step-parent to myself. All of it came rushing at me from an incident that had nothing to do with how I was raised, but rather, how I was being (presently) treated. I should say...how I perceived being treated by another. Feeling really low at not being acknowledged I was reminded (my inner Buddha?) that I CAN turn this around. So I asked what it was that I REALLY wanted. I simply wanted to be appreciated. To my great astonishment, I found I could give this to myself, NOW. In a matter of minutes, I started feeling better, and found I had more energy.
This child in Osho 5 is sure he has been excluded, probably because it has happened before, for real. So the memory plays on, but he doesn't see other possibilities...he needs to step back to see clearly.
It's not the easiest thing, to step back, and understand, but not impossible either;)

Judith D

Your post rings some very loud bells in my mind. I don't remember so much being ignored, as knowing that I never came first, and wondering what on earth I should do to get there. I don't actually think it ever happened.
This card has echoes of that - what are 'the others' doing in there that I can't see or get to? Why am I excluded?
But as in some of the other cards with a similar them of outside / inside, I often wonder if this child is on the outside looking in, or on the inside looking out. And, of course, unaware at present that nothing except ignorance is barring the way through. Shows how often we can solve our problems just by thinking laterally, or even just by looking clearly. Get the bigger picture, which may just include the solution.
I wonder, if the child steps back, sees the gate is unlocked and walks through, will he lose his innocence?

firecatpickles

That makes three of us with the same issue. My mother always treated my sister as the favorite. Oh well.

In the book they talk about the lock being unlatched & the child can get through whenever s/he wants. I don't see it this way. The child is neither aware nor capable of such a thing. It is red, & children of course have an underdeveloped (in adult terms) red chakra. This lock is emblematic of coping skills, without which the child has been abandoned.

This is a really sad card. I often see the 5 of Coins as the "creature comforts" card; sometimes to the point of theft; but now I have to look at the reason behind why someone submerses himself in such luxury or may resort to such tactics.

squeakmo9

Perhaps this 5 of Rainbows is the gaping whole within. Not really recognizing or knowing from where this hunger comes from, but rather being transfixed on getting beyond it or filling it up, somehow.
True, as children, we aren't as sentient as an adult. So things play out the way they do. This child then becomes the inner child as adults...always remembering and still a bit miffed as to how to get out or in.

purple_scorp

I read somewhere that if you have a poor childhood, you will seek partners that are similar to your parents so that you can replay and possibly correct the situations from your past - only this time, you are doing it as an adult. If you don't resolve your issue, you will continue to attract people into your life that will present you with the same issues - so it's a cycle that repeats until consciously healed and broken.

The hard thing is, that when we return to emotions of our past, we revert to being that small, powerless child. The trick is to look at the past with fresh, adult-eyes.

I've always hated the traditional tarot five of pents card so this Osho version is a blessing to me.

I remember writing about this card elsewhere on this forum - I think it was in the Daily draws section.

I believe this child has a choice but is scared to move forward. Notice how on the other side of the gate, there is light and most beings always want to move toward the light.

There is much curiosity from the child whom I'm sure would be on tip-toes peeking over, had the gate been made of a solid material.

It reminds me of a time when I was younger. We had an above-ground swimming pool, as did a neighbour over the back fence. I was one of four children and my neighbour was an only child. Her swimming pool was much better - bigger and deeper. We were constantly peering through the cracks in the fence to see if she was in her pool. And, if she was, we would laugh and make out that we were having so much fun, that she'd always want to come and join us....which inevitably always ended up with all of us climbing the fence to swim in the bigger, better pool.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

The Outsider

This is also a card about craving, just as much as the Miser card of the Four of Rainbows.

Because the craving being has not, and is not the subject of envy, we see the craving, and identify with the craving. Indeed, this card is meant to tug at the heartstrings. But the commentary says, "So you are feeling yourself an outsider. This is good."

All separateness is an illusion.

purple_scorp

Hi Master_Margarita,

is separateness an illusion or a perception?

Our mind is a very powerful tool and we can easily distort anything by giving energy to it.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

purple_scorp said:
Hi Master_Margarita,

is separateness an illusion or a perception?

Our mind is a very powerful tool and we can easily distort anything by giving energy to it.

with love
purple_scorp

Wellllll....moving up the deck from the 5 of Rainbows to the 10 of Rainbows, I'd say this suit invites us to conclude that the perception of separateness is an illusion. :D

M~

Judy

As I really started to analyze this card I noticed so many things that I never saw before.

I see this card as an adult looking at a situation and reacting unconsciously in a way that is unreasonable because the perception is based on beliefs that were created from a child’s point of view. It’s a reminder to step back to get a broader perspective on what’s really going on.

He is looking through one tiny window of the gate, which is obstructed by the chain. What is on the other side is out of focus and unclear, because he’s so focused on what he doesn’t want that he hasn’t put any thought into what he does want and therefore can’t see what he’s looking at clearly or all the possible ways of getting there. Or is he imagining a desirable reality on the other side of the gate that isn’t visible to anyone else because it only exists in his mind?

As an adult looking at the situation consciously you can see there are many options, whereas from the child’s point of view there aren’t any. Not only is the lock unlocked, but he is small enough to fit between the bars. The other interesting thing I noticed is that the light that appears to be on the other side is also on this side and is flowing between the stones in the wall but his unhappiness with where he stands doesn’t allow it through completely. Could it be that he’s is already on the right side, he just has to decide what he really wants?

He can go through and chase the light to try and find what he wants on the other side or stay on this side and be happy with where he’s standing and allow the light to come to him.