Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 1 - #31

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 1
Number: 31

Symbol: A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY DOWNSTREAM.

MCsea

Solar fire Part of Body: Throat

Dr M E Jones key word is resourcefullness - discussing fideliyt to a course of action.

This symbol has it all, how lovely are mountain streams, pure, natural, refreshing.
Emotionally this is a cleansing symbol, letting go, cleaning out, release.
Spiritually, anything that is CLEAR is good eh!
Here we get the view of the heights of spirit and the universal connection of LOVE downward to the valley.. just lovely.

People with this symbol usually have a calling to 'religion' now thats in all its forms, 'man-made religion with rules' and other more casual forms of spiritual expression.. Oh and they are pretty creative spirits too. They have a sure sense of direction – much like that of the mountain stream, but I can 'never' see the direction in it ;)

this is sybmol 31 - so reduces to a 4 number.

When I pull this symbol as an ORACLE I make a HUGE offor to at least sit by water, preferably by RUNNING water a river, stream or water feature, but a lake or bath will do ;)

Marina

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 1 is:

ARIES 30 ~ A DUCK POND AND ITS YOUNG BROOD.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 1 is:

TAURUS 2 ~ AN ELECTRICAL STORM ILLUMINATES THE HEAVENS AND THE FORESTS.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 1 is:

SCORPIO 1 ~ A SIGHT SEEING BUS FILLED WITH TOURISTS.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 1 are:
LEO 1 ~ UNDER EMOTIONAL STRESS BLOOD RUSHES TO A MANS HEAD.

SCORPIO 1 ~ AN ELECTRICAL STORM ILLUMINATES THE HEAVENS AND THE FORESTS.

AQUARIUS 1 ~ AN OLD ADOBE MISSION IN CALIFORNIA.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 1 are:

CANCER 13 ~ A HAND, WHICH IS HELD OUT RECEPTIVELY, IS REMARKABLE FOR THE SUGGESTION OF CHARACTER IN ITS PROMINENT THUMB.

VIRGO 25 ~ A FLAG AT HALF-MAST IN FRONT OF A PUBLIC BUILDING.

SAGITTARIUS 7 ~ CUPID KNOCKING ON THE DOOR OF A HUMAN HEART.

AQUARIUS 19 ~ A FOREST FIRE FINALLY QUELCHED.

Blessings
Elven x

Simone

Before I think about the symbol itself, I have a question, Elven...

You just wrote:

Elven said:
The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 1 are:
LEO 1 ~ UNDER EMOTIONAL STRESS BLOOD RUSHES TO A MANS HEAD.

SCORPIO 1 ~ AN ELECTRICAL STORM ILLUMINATES THE HEAVENS AND THE FORESTS.

AQUARIUS 1 ~ AN OLD ADOBE MISSION IN CALIFORNIA.

the bold is my addition - because I just posted on the Taurus 2 thread - the Electrical Storm one.

Are there two symbols with the same title?

MCsea

Element River pebble
Discussion Pebbles are included in the earliest known man-made tools. River pebbles are smooth, multi coloured and found in rivers everywhere. The colour of the stone can represent much of what the stone can heal or do for example purple and bright red for heat and passion, light blue for cool and cautious, light brown for firmness , steadfastness and permanence, green for dynamism, change and activity, white for purity and intention, black for absolute and total submission and combinations of colors is a combination of qualities qualities. I love using river pebbles as paper weights, in any case for thousands of years the resourcefulness of these ‘elements’ is well documented.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 277

tink27

Lovely picture purple_scorp! The lushness of green is everywhere….I feel the sun is warm…perhaps late spring, early summer…..as I stand near the mouth of the stream I can see the water and light creating rainbows in the air. I am a romantic at heart….I feel a richness here, and a deep sense of harmony, beauty and peace

Earth and water define each other. This symbol has a warm, moist fertile ring to it. And, sexuality is the interaction between earth and the flowing waters. Earth needs water and water needs containment, a vessel in which to pour. As the stream flows steadily downward, it begins the slow process of shaping a new relationship with the rocks of the earth.

Many relaxing cd’s and guided meditations have the sounds of a peaceful waterfall. One of my most favorite mediations is called The Healing Waterfall. It is so peaceful, sensual and pure.

‘I have’ is the motto of Taurus…where we feel a drive (potent with desire) to manifest something solid that will stabilize, contain or support any discontent in our lives. With Taurus, we enter into the world of the body, the senses, substance and value. Through our body senses we can experience pleasure, grounded ness and physical connection to the world around us. We can experience ourselves as creatures of the earth.

Is this waterfall also about fertilization? The dive of the sperm into the gushing fertility pool of the egg?

tink :love: