Needing help

katrananda

If there are any belly dancers out there who would like to help with a crazy tarot idea, please contact me.

HudsonGray

That sounds interesting!

If you're looking for pictures for reference, I did a search last year for the realistic ethnic costumes & found a whole ton of sites plus a web ring. Try searching with the words - camel belly dance ethnic - and you'll get all sorts of dance troops & organizations with loads of great pictures.

jmd

... well, reading this means I am correct in having guessed who you are :)

Whatever 'crazy' Tarot idea you may have with belly dancing, you may be interested to know that another Melbourne based belly dancer has also come up with specific forms for each of the Major Arcana.

If you're interested in pursuing this further, may I suggest you contact The Witchy Shop in Warrandyte (the address is on one of the recent Conference Newsletters. If you have lost them, let me know by PM and I can send you details).

It would be interesting, by the way, to hear what you have in mind :)

HudsonGray

Are there pictures of the other deck anywhere?

jmd

I presume you are referring to my comment about the belly-dancing forms... The person I talk of has not drawn nor painted them: she dances them (or so she has told me - but have yet to see! - she has offered to perform these at the 2005 International Tarot Conference, by the way).

katrananda

jmd: thanks. I have talked to Honeybarb, but not about the creation of my tarot deck.

Does anyone fancy getting dressed up in some Arabic/belly dance gear, hanging upside down from a tree or set of monkeybars, and getting a photo taken? And then sending me the image? Especially if you're a guy.
I can't believe the questions I ask people sometimes.....

There are no images from this deck yet. It's still in the baby stages.

katrananda

Look, even if you're not a belly dancer, but willing to dress up and have a photo taken, talk to me!