Timing spreads please — not will-happen but should-do

Amanda

"If I don't move and we have to go our separate ways, then who will be the one to end things?" And I got:

King of pentacles | Knight of cups | Page of Pentacles | Death | 9 of cups -- summarized by the World

This made me jump! Page of pentacles is definitely me, and the King of pentacles would seem to think that this decision would be the right thing to do as well being that he got the 9 of cups. At least that's how I look at it since we both feel the influence of knight of cups + death + the world (distance and long time periods in between visits will kill our romance).

Be careful! :) Knight of Cups is good at meaning: "leading one to believe". So this guy's inability to uproot and come after you could lead you to believe that ending the relationship is what *he* wants... but all we (or I) know is that he does not want a relationship that is long-distance. Since I don't know the situation as well as you, I'll just leave it at that, especially since you said you've caught wind of some red flags. But you can see how the Knight of Cups may indicate a slippery slope in one's thinking... just be careful that you are making your decisions based on present facts as they develop and not hopeful future dreams or based on what anyone else is doing or what you hope they will do. That's why I mentioned above about the 9 of Pentacles, and really considering if *you* could make yourself that kind of life in a new place- put the guy (and even the family members) on the sidelines of your mind for a moment and see how you really feel about it, personally.

I definitely appreciate your approach to the myriad of questions and people by separating them into simpler spreads. I'll be using this spread forever! :)

Yay! I'm glad you like it! :)
If you have any more questions feel free to ask, here or by PM, anytime.

septimus

Ace of swords

So if the last card is the Ace of swords, and there are no other reasonable possibilities, it is one month?

wowzoski

This spread is very interesting and i too have tried it out with a question of my own, when i should talk to my crush. I've gotten:
The Hanged Man, The Chariot, King of Wands, 5 Coins, The Lovers.

Both The Hanged Man and The Chariot are telling me that i have to make sacrifices to overcome obstacles (me being shy) so that success is possible. I've also read somewhere that the King of Wands represents someone of Aries temperament, and my good friend who knows about my situation is an Aries. So, this card tells me that i'll be able to overcome problems (again me being shy), and that i should take charge of my life and just go talk to her. That friend is trying to help me talk to her, making me smile when she's around or telling me ways to talk to her, so is it possible that the King of Wands represents my friend?

Moving on, heh, you've said before that 5 Coins represent 5 years, but it feel too long for me, so does months. So i'm stuck between 5 weeks or 5 days. I'm getting a stronger feel towards 5 weeks, but i'm not that sure. So after this 5 weeks/days, someone is going to enter my life, based on the Lovers card, and i'm going to love this person and not let this person go.

Thoughts?

fleur0

Be careful! :) Knight of Cups is good at meaning: "leading one to believe". So this guy's inability to uproot and come after you could lead you to believe that ending the relationship is what *he* wants... but all we (or I) know is that he does not want a relationship that is long-distance. Since I don't know the situation as well as you, I'll just leave it at that, especially since you said you've caught wind of some red flags. But you can see how the Knight of Cups may indicate a slippery slope in one's thinking... just be careful that you are making your decisions based on present facts as they develop and not hopeful future dreams or based on what anyone else is doing or what you hope they will do. That's why I mentioned above about the 9 of Pentacles, and really considering if *you* could make yourself that kind of life in a new place- put the guy (and even the family members) on the sidelines of your mind for a moment and see how you really feel about it, personally.

Thank you, I needed to ask myself that. I got pulled back a little bit and realized that I'm not ready to move now. The Knight of Cups is pesky isn't he? He reminds me of the knight on the white horse in Katy Perry's Wide Awake music video. She caught on that he was a fake and gave him a good punch in the face. I think deducting from my situation, the red flags and his inept ability to communicate well over distance it's become so clear that staying is the right thing to do. I just wish he wasn't so hot. My heart would've listened to my head all along, but then again, if life were so easy then I wouldn't have needed this spread. Must remind myself that *all* bad and good experiences are to help us gain more wisdom.

Both The Hanged Man and The Chariot are telling me that i have to make sacrifices to overcome obstacles (me being shy) so that success is possible.

When I paried the Hanged Man and the Lovers, I got a sense that there was a decision not to contact each other for now, since the hanged man is esp looking like a stagnation of movement and a test period here. The chariot mirroring the 5 of coins denotes that despite the emotional and physical distance from the lack of contact, your feelings still go on very strong.

I've also read somewhere that the King of Wands represents someone of Aries temperament, and my good friend who knows about my situation is an Aries. So, this card tells me that i'll be able to overcome problems (again me being shy), and that i should take charge of my life and just go talk to her. That friend is trying to help me talk to her, making me smile when she's around or telling me ways to talk to her, so is it possible that the King of Wands represents my friend?

My first impression was that the King of Wands was actually your crush and not your friend. The KoW is a take charge and take the lead in a big way kind of guy. Someone who takes romance on his terms. Yes, an Aries temper may also be a part of his very personality as well. He could also be someone that is extremely attractive and athletic that you admire from afar, but lacking in an emotional connection say from the KoC. I don't know how much of an influence your friend has on your romantic life, but I would think a friend would be more of a page that shares advice. The king is too dominanting for a friend, unless of course she completely dominants your love life. :p Perhaps you can do a separate spread for your friend and see the cards say about how helpful her insight on your love life may be. So far to me this spread seems to focus purely on you and him.

Moving on, heh, you've said before that 5 Coins represent 5 years, but it feel too long for me, so does months. So i'm stuck between 5 weeks or 5 days. I'm getting a stronger feel towards 5 weeks, but i'm not that sure. So after this 5 weeks/days, someone is going to enter my life, based on the Lovers card, and i'm going to love this person and not let this person go.

Thoughts?

I too had the same question, wondering if the cards have not given me a reasonable date then what it could mean. Amanda earlier suggested earlier that "Sometimes, the cards still say what needs to be said before timing can be given." I have to agree with that because without certain actions taking place, it would be difficult for the result to come through. I speculate that if you did nothing, then the situation presented in the cards would not change as well. Also timing in the cards seems to be one's personal and individual connection with the cards. For example, swords is weeks for MandMaud yet months for Amanda. Being that pentacles is the most grounded suit, it is frequently regarded as years. Sometimes I do wish that instead of picking up say an ace of pentacles that it would be an ace of wands, but in my mindframe, pentacles will always be years so I cannot seem to just change it like years into days like that. However, if your intuition absolutely makes you feel that 5 weeks is right then only you can be the judge of what it could mean. Hope I helped :)

Amanda

This spread is very interesting and i too have tried it out with a question of my own, when i should talk to my crush. I've gotten:

fleur0 gave you a pretty good explanation. I believe the cards you've drawn here aren't giving you timing specifically for this question. But it is telling you about something that affects this situation. You need to change your perspective on love. Right now, you don't believe you deserve it and you're angry and withdrawn because it hasn't come easily for you. It could take 5 years for you to have a breakthrough and learn what it is that you need to learn about love before your romantic life could change. So how does this answer the question about when you should talk to your crush? It suggests to me that you could/should talk to your crush when you finally feel that you are tired of accepting less than what you really, truly want. That includes walking away and giving up on people and attitudes that make you feel angry, withdrawn, or shy. I'm not sure which deck you've used, but in RWS the King is usually sitting to face the left. That body language suggests that you are focusing on and trying to deal with what is not happening for you romantically and having no way of really dealing with it... it's already happened, it's done, it's the past- so let it go and move on. Stop focusing on that and putting your attention there because it's only holding you back. Turn the King (yourself) around and face your future with faith that love awaits you, and accept that it will come. You have to really, truly believe in it first, otherwise it will remain out of reach.

Hopefully, my insight helps you and you will use it to your advantage and you will not hold yourself hostage for the next 5 years. My advice is to talk to your crush as soon as possible. And have a plan for how you will respond, whether she accepts or rejects you. I'm not saying that I do see her rejecting you, but I see that you need to learn to deal with rejection while maintaining your faith in love (and ultimately maintaining faith in yourself, to find love).

You don't want to be feeling the way you've been feeling about love for the next 5 years, do you? Get to work on solving and actively dealing with this issue, now that we know what it is. Talk to that crush, and good luck! :)

fleur0

Turn the King (yourself) around and face your future with faith that love awaits you, and accept that it will come. You have to really, truly believe in it first, otherwise it will remain out of reach.

Ahh, the King of wands is her! I LOVE that. Yes, how I can see how she can be angry but it is also an empowering card to take charge and put her own romantic life in her hands. Hanged Man and 5 of pentacles? No problem. When the King decides enough is enough, s/he can channel that anger into reclaiming her own heart until she finds the right one to give her the love and attention she deserves. :)

wowzoski

Fleur0 and Amanda_04, thank you so much!! I think i'm going to try and talk to her soon, thanks again! :D

MoiraKarin

when will i hear from x again

moon----pent Ace-----ace of SW-----the world ----ace of W

kind of weird answer:D I have a feeling here that the answer is the ace of W, for 'the world' is for something new to begin then followed by this wands Ace. Though the Ace of Sw could be the first contact( next week?) and the Ace of w the first initiation, or wil it be somewhere in between as the moon is not quite clear??

what do you guys think?
i was personally thinking that the first contact will be next week or month and i will go and see x a day later

Amanda

when will i hear from x again

moon----pent Ace-----ace of SW-----the world ----ace of W

kind of weird answer:D I have a feeling here that the answer is the ace of W, for 'the world' is for something new to begin then followed by this wands Ace. Though the Ace of Sw could be the first contact( next week?) and the Ace of w the first initiation, or wil it be somewhere in between as the moon is not quite clear??

what do you guys think?
i was personally thinking that the first contact will be next week or month and i will go and see x a day later

If you are certain that you will hear from X again, then I agree with your take- I read Swords as Months and it's the central card which would give it more emphasis to me.