Russian gypsy fortune telling cards

Aries2014

Love these cards

Aries2014

Theyre really good cards be better if theyre was more videos on youtube on how to understand them oroperly

Sharla

I have these cards. They are wonderful. I hope you enjoy them!

As for your question - that last card (according to the book, but you have to figure out for yourself if it is this way for your readings) - is read by looking at each picture as it is laid out and read in that position as for the way the situation is right now. The outcome is read using the same picture, but read as if it was in position 1 (which is generally a positive meaning). (this is page 17 in the accompanying book). There are a few cards that will warn of danger, but remember that you can take steps to negate it - it is just a warning.

I hope this answers your question. When first learning the cards (which are still new to me), I found the last section of the book with the sample readings very helpful.

(my two cents inserted here) Sometimes something you might perceive as a negative is not as bad as it first seems and although change can be scary - it might be a change that brings about something even better.

If you have specific questions about the cards you drew and want a second opinion - you can post your reading the the Oracle Readings section.

Yes i think i will post it on the oracle readings section, i never thought about that.

I have done a couple of readings with the cards already so am familiar with how they are basically read, its just the timing i was confused with as like i said ive done a general spread for the following month but as each picture has a specific timing do i still use these timings that are wrote in the book or dismiss them as its supposed to be for the following month ?

Sharla

The last card consists of 4 half images. Usually 3 of them are good, one is negative.

I don't ask them specific questions, in such cases I'd rather pick my usual 5 cards with either the Lenormand or 4 with the Tarot.
The Russian Gypsy cards are great when you want to get a general picture of your situation in life. Great when you cannot put your finger on something. These cards may reflect your entire present life. Though your reading fully depends on the book, it is difficult to create a story from the pictures you get, still you get a very neutral reading. However, when you are anxious about getting a certain answer towards a specific question these cards may act like your average Poltergeist, providing only horrific scenarios.

Apart from myself I've only read them to my bf, and he nearly freaked out. For him, it was like visiting Your Local Freaky Fortune Teller on a bad day, and bf never asked for another reading with them.
These cards nail problems, and they name dangers and warnings. Not fatalistic, or unavoidable, but still existing. Stuff that needs taken care of.

So you don't read the cards in order then, you just read them as how you see fit ? as i've been reading them from left to right top to bottom.

Clovergirl

Yes i think i will post it on the oracle readings section, i never thought about that.

I have done a couple of readings with the cards already so am familiar with how they are basically read, its just the timing i was confused with as like i said ive done a general spread for the following month but as each picture has a specific timing do i still use these timings that are wrote in the book or dismiss them as its supposed to be for the following month ?

Aah. Ok. As with all cards, I would say that the book is just a suggested guideline. With continued use and some journaling, you will know how they speak to you. Or, Sometimes you just know what is being said.

Sharla

With these cards there is a lot of certain rules in the book, "you shuffle the cards 5-10 times to clear the deck and then shuffle the cards 7 times and then cut the deck once towards you and then pick back up the cards and lay them out"

Well I've done a couple of spreads, one being my new year one and I've forgot to cut the deck after shuffling, so will this matter that I forgot or should I do the spread again ?

peacewing

I never follow those rules about shuffling for these cards! I just do my own thing, and shuffle, turn, and shuffle some more until I feel like I'm totally satisfied. That being said, your mileage may vary. Whatever feels right to you, is what's right! My method is shuffling as I like, laying them out, read them top to bottom, left to right, (like I'm reading), and then following the book's interpretations.

Sharla

I never follow those rules about shuffling for these cards! I just do my own thing, and shuffle, turn, and shuffle some more until I feel like I'm totally satisfied. That being said, your mileage may vary. Whatever feels right to you, is what's right! My method is shuffling as I like, laying them out, read them top to bottom, left to right, (like I'm reading), and then following the book's interpretations.

Okay thanks for your advice Peacewing. I would prefer to do it my own way in what i feel comfortable with, but i thought that you had to strictly follow the rules and go by there tradition as it is THERE tradition that has been handed down and been around for years.

The other thing im not sure of with these cards is when you ask a direct question and do the spread and match the pictures etc, are the pictures JUST answering your question, as they always seem to bring other things up i.e you ask about a certain guy and one of the matches is bouquet saying your going to live a long life ? Any thoughts on this ?

Or are these cards not good for direct questions, even though it says you can in the book.

conurelover

Okay thanks for your advice Peacewing. I would prefer to do it my own way in what i feel comfortable with, but i thought that you had to strictly follow the rules and go by there tradition as it is THERE tradition that has been handed down and been around for years.

The other thing im not sure of with these cards is when you ask a direct question and do the spread and match the pictures etc, are the pictures JUST answering your question, as they always seem to bring other things up i.e you ask about a certain guy and one of the matches is bouquet saying your going to live a long life ? Any thoughts on this ?

Or are these cards not good for direct questions, even though it says you can in the book.

You can ask these cards direct questions. I always have and they were spot on.

moodclad

I've had these cards for about 20 years and I love them. I ask specific and general question; usually about my relationship. I find them to be very accurate.

I often read the cards as I get drawn to them. No necessary order: just intuitive call.

Often there are cards that don't seem to speak directly to my question (as in the example you shared about getting the bouquet.) How I have come to view these cards is that they speak to the overall emotional aspect/situation of the question. After all no part of our life is actually separate. For example: if I know that I'm going to have a good life and everything will work out in the end, hopefully can relax and let go of whatever situation is causing me anxiety.

Sometimes there are contradictory cards and that's when I look at a broader picture because my relationship with coworkers and family also affects my relationship with friends and partners (and visa a versa). So overall everything in your life - and anything in your life - can come up in a reading regarding a specific question. The challenge is looking at if its speaking directly to the situation you are asking the question about, or if its speaking to your live in a more broad sense and how's that then might in turn affect your specific question.

Regarding the timing issue: when I am doing a reading on a topic that I do readings on frequently, such as my relationship - which I at times I do daily - I use a compact timeframe. So I will give the "Immediate" as something that's already happened or is going to happen in the next 24 hrs, "Short" a few days, "Middle" a week or two, and the "long term" ones I either view as several weeks out or they are the types of cards that are encouraging me to relax and let go because my life is going to be fine in the end.

When I'm doing a reading on a topic that I rarely do, such as a reading for the year, then I use the more traditional timeframes that are in the book.

I'm sure you will find your own timing.

Regarding the shuffling: I actually use what is in the book. But when I'm shuffling for the 10 to clear, if I lose count, I set it down and start over. If when I'm counting the 7, if I lose count, I put it down and start over with the 10 to clear it.

These are the rules I have set up for myself; so I believe that when I loose track its Spirits way of getting the cards in the right order. I think that that's the important thing about shuffling: is having a system, or set of rules, that spirit can use to facilitate the Oracle.

The one that I still haven't made a firm rule about is for the cards that I discover I missed, after I've completed my reading.