Favorite Oracle decks for Meditation/Insight over Divination

greatdane

I don't have decks other than tarot and Lenormand right now. I was interested in oracles or whatever meditation/insight, over divination, decks ATers use. I'm not looking for a divination deck, more something to use to focus. ATers? Thoughts?

VioletEye

i actually really like the portable fortitude playing cards:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/57599834/portable-fortitude-playing-cards-55?ref=shop_home_feat_1

they always throw out a new perspective to consider; i like to flip through them until one catches my eye, and then i meditate on how that particular card might fit into my life at the moment. and if you have a particular issue at any time, you can find a card that probably addresses that!

as far as for straight-up free meditation, i can't say that i have an oracle deck that i really do that with...

greatdane

Hello VioletEye!

I appreciate you posted the link. What a quirky little Etsy site and I mean that as a compliment! It's a whimsical place :).

Barleywine

i actually really like the portable fortitude playing cards:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/57599834/portable-fortitude-playing-cards-55?ref=shop_home_feat_1

they always throw out a new perspective to consider; i like to flip through them until one catches my eye, and then i meditate on how that particular card might fit into my life at the moment. and if you have a particular issue at any time, you can find a card that probably addresses that!

Thanks for linking this. I doubt I would buy the deck, but there are several images I'd love to have as large-size posters.

I also can't recommend an oracle deck that would have meditation as it's primary focus, but I found one that comes close, at least for me. Not long ago I bought the Chrysalis Tarot (really a "tarot" in name only) because I read that it serves best as an oracle. I found that the gentle, hightly suggestive imagery draws me in psychically and intuitively in a way that few decks do. There are numerous mythological references from various cultures (some of which are beyond my own experience) and some whimsically evocative and mysterious subject matter. The structure is "tarot" but the spiritual vision wanders far afield. If you're looking for something abstractly liberating, this isn't it; the artwork is mainly representational. But as emotional "triggers," I find them remarkable.

greatdane

Thanks Barleywine

I have seen scans of the Chrysalis. Beautiful images. Not what I'm looking for, in fact, I think I will wind up just using Tao Stones. I don't think what I want will be in a deck, at least not any I have seen. Not for the purpose I'm looking for.

I love tarot and Lenormand for what I use them for, but for more a meditative/insight something to ponder each day, I have used and really liked, Tao Stones.

I am glad you like the Chrysalis so much. I didn't really see the scans as tarot either, but more of a hybrid. However something works, if it resonates with the user, all is good :).

Snowhunter

The Kuan Yin Oracle includes meditations in the guidebook, and the images are lovely focal points. I've only had the deck for a few days but I've found it to be so gentle, and comforting.

danieljuk

Do you still have your Psycards GD? I have had some great insights with them but in divination I have had some quite harsh to the point readings. So I am more wary of it for divination but you can meditate on them and they are so psychological.

My favourite oracle of all in this area is a controversial one ;) Mine is the Osho Zen, it's really "sold" as a tarot and follows the tarot structure in cards but in my own mind I find it very far from tarot. I associate it as an oracle and I meditate on a card from it daily. Has brought so much insight.

MandMaud

I've never really tried to read with an oracle (as opposed to tarot) deck. Do people do spreads with them just the same? I suppose I'm not sure how to begin, without the structure of suits etc - is it like having nothing but Majors?

greatdane

I gifted my psycards, Danieljuk

I really like them, they do appeal to my psych major side. I just wasn't using them and they are too great to just sit. I did enjoy them when I first got them, then tarot and Lenormand took center stage. Tarot for me, Lenormand for most everyone else. But yes, I don't really see psycards as divination as much as insight. Actually, that how I look at readings generally. Guidance, a path.

MandMaud, depends on the oracle, I think. Different oracles work differently for different people. I know there are many oracle readers in AT and was interested in any decks used for more insight than divination.