Bird Lovers ~ Playing Card Lovers

Madrigal

I just came upon these today. Aves Lux Edition playing cards. Gorgeous! The Illusionist deck is also rather wonderful, particularly the Dark edition.

BrightEye

Do you read playing cards? I bought a pack of Spanish playing cards in Lisbon last year. I'm very drawn to them but find them hard to read.

Madrigal

I am learning using Ana Cortez's system. She has her own fully illustrated decks but once you've absorbed the meanings, suit/number/element attributions, spreads etc and how they work together the system can work with a regular playing deck. I love the lens of a deck of playing cards as oracles. It feels both ancient and innovative. Kind of like her system. I've been buying a few decks here and there of regular playing cards with gorgeous art with a view to using them that way.

kalliope

Madrigal, the Aves bird inspired deck is very beautiful. Thanks for the link! I really love playing cards. There is an old thread around here somewhere in which I posted photos of some decks I got from Theory11 and Ellusionist a few years back. My Uusi decks are also favorites.

You know, your last post brings up something that I'm unsure about for my own reading purposes. I love Ana Cortez's PCO system, and yet I'm hesitant to use it with regular playing cards because I still have fantasies of wrapping my head around one of the more nitty-gritty methods like Hedgewytchery or Regina Russell. (I dabble with them on and off.)

I'm not ready yet to completely give up that little dream, so for now I'm sticking to only using Ana's system with her decks so I can keep them separate in my mind.

Madrigal

You're welcome for the link. I just got a shipping notification that they're on their way! Would love to see pics of your decks so I shall do a search for that old thread.

I found my way into reading playing cards through the Hedgewytchery system and the little I explored I found fascinating. But then Ana's system swam into my awareness and because it feels like such a perfect blend of both intuitive and 'metaphysically logical' I decided to devote my current attentions to learning it thoroughly. It just feels like a good fit for me.

I am sticking with Ana's deck(s) right now, too as I have yet to fully absorb the images and their meanings. I'm hoping to be able to read with any deck at some point but for now I'm going slowly and thoroughly enjoying the ride :D

Lareia

It's gorgeous and I would buy it it weren't for the shipping cost, which is as much as the deck costs...

Madrigal

That's too bad, Lareia. I had that experience with a deck I was interested in from Australia. Shipping was half the cost of the deck which was already pricey to begin with.