Kuan Yin <3<3<3

urbandryad

My Kuan Yin oracle deck just arrived in the mail today. This is a beautiful deck, just beautiful, and I can also feel that the artist was not just inspired by the Chinese variant of the goddess, but also by Tara of the Tibetan tradition, and maybe other goddesses of the Buddhist pantheon? I definitely feel Tara in this deck, she tends to be a bit less dressed and is often seated and cross legged.

But MAN! The guide book feels so weird to read, I can't get any meaning from whatever the writer was thinking when she wrote this book! I'll have to figure out my own interpretation of the cards, and not being very used to oracle this is going to be a task for me. I follow Buddhist traditions and the Buddhist pantheons and I was really looking forward to working with this deck. Now I don't know what to do, other than shuffle and admire these beautiful cards and maybe lay them out on my alter (once I get that finished, I haven't found a table yet for it, right now my alter is all squished together in my tarot box. I have to take it out and set it up each time I use it!)

Ahem, any other Kuan Yin oracle users out there? Advice for working with this deck? Its very feminine, for sure.

2dogs

The art is very nicely done and it would be a shame not to use the deck. You might try asking your other decks to help you see the meaning of a Kuan Yin card - draw one from each and see if they shed any light on the image or if any words or phrases in the guidebooks match :livelong:.

2dogs

As I enjoy practicing I thought I'd do an image search for a particularly baffling card and try following my own advice ;).

Would card 34 "The Amaryllis Lute" have anything in the guidebook about sticking to what you already know, not taking more than you need, avoiding excess, persevering with the routine and familiar - but that while doing this, inspiration could strike out of the blue?

Or possibly my decks are just having a dig at your new Oracle - you could also try asking your others what they think of it :rolleyes:.