I'm just not feeling these decks...

MaryHeather

Do you think Doreen Virtue actually uses any of the decks she pimps?

I didn't think I could be any more creeped out by her, but now, somehow, I am.

Onion Budgie

Do you think Doreen Virtue actually uses any of the decks she pimps?

She does, for her weekly oracle card readings on YouTube. From memory, I think she may also do a daily draw on her Facebook page. For marketing purposes, perhaps.

I've watched a few of her weekly videos out of interest, but as I said a few posts back, she makes me feel uneasy, somehow.

PeonyInLove

I just gave one deck away... Birthday present haha If anyone has any suggestions on some romance oracle decks is really appreciate it xx

I'm curious as to why most people think that she is a snake. Is it because her decks are really successful? Is a creator only good if they don't sell many decks? I can see if it's the fact that her cards tend to be too positive, I was drawn to that in the beginning but it very quickly turned me off.

Someone mentioned repulsed and as bad I feel saying this, that's exactly how I feel when I try and handle and read with her decks. Lesson learnt I guess.

EmpressArwen

I don't own any DV decks but have had the chance to use/look at many of them. I wasn't repulsed just kind of meh about them. I think she does have a lot of knowledge about angels but that gets obscured in her constant sticky, sweetness. As much as we would all love the world to be one big group hug and kumbaya sing-a-long, that just isn't reality. It feels very one sided, without the completeness of yin/yangness (if that makes sense lol).

Plus, nothing irritates me more than her assertion that her decks are "100% safe!". So apparently, if you use pretty people and glitter you are safe to divine but if you use darker colors or imagery, you might as well be sending an engraved invitation to the underworld. meh.

I liked her Michael deck but there are other ones on the same thing that feel more whole, more complete.

I'm not sure if this would be considered a "romantic deck" but I do like the Journey of Love oracle...I think it is by Alana Fairchild.

strangebrew

I agree about the sugary element to them

In all decks, i feel, there should be some degree or realism

Am also wary of anyone that churns out that many decks, if i am honest

Laura Borealis

There are many threads where we've discussed DV at length; one is here if you want to get some perspectives on why some see her as a fraud.

One quick reason is the way she puts out so many decks, so quickly. Of course she doesn't do the art, and she may have little to do with the production of the decks. But one wonders how much thought and care goes into each deck. No wonder they feel shallow to many of us.

ana luisa

Just because something is pretty doesn't mean it is good, or effective. Look at people. Are geniuses all pretty? Are all pretty people kind-hearted?

DV, sadly, got seduced by the money-making potential of pretty images.

THIS. The most beautiful deck I own won't speak to me. So beauty can be just that.

chorphee

I was looking for a beautiful oracle deck, something god/goddess related. I looked at the Doreen Virtue deck "Goddess Guidance" and I saw the cards "Mother Mary" and "Mary Magdalena" and though "...why?...no" This is too "From the bible" for my taste and sanity. And I don't understand a lot of her sentences in the deck: like the ones with Kali and Ishtar. This is not what I get from these goddesses from all what I have studied. I was really desappointed to see that because she is so known for her oracle decks. So I'm still looking for my beautiful oracle...

Madrigal

I was looking for a beautiful oracle deck, something god/goddess related. I looked at the Doreen Virtue deck "Goddess Guidance" and I saw the cards "Mother Mary" and "Mary Magdalena" and though "...why?...no" This is too "From the bible" for my taste and sanity. And I don't understand a lot of her sentences in the deck: like the ones with Kali and Ishtar. This is not what I get from these goddesses from all what I have studied. I was really desappointed to see that because she is so known for her oracle decks. So I'm still looking for my beautiful oracle...

chorphee, you might like this one by Marashinsky. And here's a whole AT page on goddess oracles.

As for DV, no comment.

PeonyInLove

I have the goddess oracle cards too and after using them twice I can't bring myself to use them. I too was wondering why those women were in there too, like when did Mary Magdalene become a goddess?