Pages of Shustah cards

BodhiSeed

Thanks for all the info Skydancer! What is the card stock like? I've been checking out some of the cards on Ken's website.

Bodhran

Skydancer

Hi! Just saw your post --

The cards are thinnish - but not too much so. They are fine. And they are coated lightly on both sides, not sticky, but a tad shiny or coated on both sides.

The backs are non-reversable, but you don't read them reversed anyway. The backs have Shustah inc. and a copyright symbol -- there are none on the fronts thank goodness!! Just the picture in color, and the number.

I like them. They'll last a long time. Probably longer than the box they came in!!! (the top in particular looks homemade)

I like the feel of them. They seem old, yet are new cards. I'll have to get used to meanings yet -= but we are to use our intuition anyway. So that's okay.

So far so good. Glad I got them!

*S*

BodhiSeed

Thanks Skydancer for all the info you've shared with us on these cards; I'm finding it harder and harder to resist them!

Bodhran

Seaqueen

Shustah(c) continued

The Pages of Shustah(c) cards continue to astound me. I recently did a post http://seaqueen.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/1871/ that demonstrates the depth of uncanny accuracy.

Rev. Foor is a wonderful and caring man. I recently had contact with him when a serious health setback hit the father of my children. Ken's kind words helped me immensely and his insightful reading of the Shustah(c) provided me with hope when I seriously started to doubt.

I use a three card daily draw to see what energy surrounds me. I find that different symbols of the images stand out -which to me means they are of more importance.

In the study example (above) link I drew.....
Black Destiny, Red Weeping Woman, Blue Swamp
The cards described the exact situation which I had in mind.

The Blue Swamp has several meanings such as uncertainty but the potential of a risky situation is evident. When this blue card is intuitively linked to the question you have asked it will expand on the "nature" of the question.

I would like to share one possible interpretation of The Swamp card in relation to the aftermath of a stroke....and the "state" of certain aspects of the mind...the lack of clarity. The journey of the brain through the area where the clot hit.

My analysis of this card is not done from a medical point of view but from the perception of the area of the brain that is experiencing the cloudy connections with the rest of the brain..the area that is the congested without the proper blood flow.

The Red Weeping Woman is the center of the 3 card draw represents me in this reading & how I handled the recent news. The positioning of this card is important because weeping woman faces Black Destiny (first spot) representing the situation.

Black Destiny is a fixed card. Rev Foor explains this card (and the rest of the Pages) on the Daily Reading & Meditation website http://dailyshustah.blogspot.com/search/label/Destiny

Black Destiny is what was...part of the Divine plan. The weeping woman is having difficulty accepting this and she surrounds herself with grief. To the left of her is The Swamp and she must accept that too- the uncertainty of the outcome, the challenge of the immediate future.

There is no other way- but through the swamp of challenges which requires courage but there is .....hope. Through a slow and careful process we get to the other side of the swamp.

flashdownglory

Shustah

Would you be able to post the chart? I have the deck and the book that accompanies it, but I am curious to see what others have as their interpretations. Thanks!

Flash

Seaqueen

flashdownglory said:
Would you be able to post the chart? I have the deck and the book that accompanies it, but I am curious to see what others have as their interpretations. Thanks!

Flash
Hi,
Which chart are you asking about?

Seaqueen

Seaqueen said:
Hi,
Which chart are you asking about?
Ahhh
I reviewed the previous posts and it is Rev Foor's chart you are asking about. He is a wonderful man. Perhaps if you emailed him he could offer some assistance.

The deck is normally read in upright position but I have found in my experience with the Pages of Shustah(c) cards that the reversals are equally as important. Of course, it is up to the person to incorporate the reversed meanings as with the Tarot and some of the other Oracle cards such as the Lenormand... Zigeuner sibilla style decks.

I usually turn a few cards around prior to shuffling, however if you pick the cards from a fan then you will know which cards are reversed. In this case, I close my eyes so I am not distracted as well as the variegated shades of blue could influence which card you chose.

Rev Foor's website (as mentioned) is filled with abundant information when reading these cards. His approach is very insightful.

The accompanying book provides good basics and from these basics keywords can be drafted up in a personal chart. It is an excellent way to learn.

Playing with this deck does stimulate many other doors to interpretation which just sort of happen as you study the imagery.

For example, the weeping woman. Often I see her chuckling to herself and other times I see her overwhelmed in her emotions.

sunflowr

Dang it, you guys. I need to stay away from this forum!!!!! :p

I bought the deck, and hopefully Ken still has some copies left. I've been wanting to get more into regular oracle cards, and this seems really interesting! I also LOVE the 70's feel to it.

Stay Tuned.. :)

sunflowr

Are there cards specifically about love or romance? Which cards? Just curious.. :)

Skydancer

This is Ken's main site.

http://dailyshustah.blogspot.com/

I didn't read close enough to see that sunflowr has already bought the cards - doh! But maybe it will help someone else.

*S*